What's new

Anyone have thoughts/opinions on Advent Televisions? 20" in particular (1 Viewer)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
My faithfull Zenith 19" in my bedroom decided to pass on after about 20 years of service.

In scoping out replacements, I spotted a $200 Advent flat-screen with 3D comb filter right next to a $300 Sony.

While the image was similar (from a feed powering 80 other televisions), the menu/setup system had a lot of nice features. Things like sharpness/contrast all had numerical values (great for recording the calibrated settings), it had 4 video memories so you can store different settings for each source, Component, SVideo, Composite inputs, etc.

All in all, a well thought out set of features for a budget TV.

So I'm looking for the catch. I know Advent comes out of China, but China is growing as a tech country. Is there any known quality/reliability issues with Advent tube TV's?

Advent Q2035A is the particular model.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Not that I've heard, Bob--but I'm not hearing much about Advent-branded TVs. Are you staying at around 20-inch models for your bedroom setup? How about the 27-inch Toshibas and Sonys?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
They have a rep of being ok when they work. It is just that their quality control is not world class. So you should be prepared to take back to the dealer and replace.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And that, of course, is unacceptable. So, Bob, why not stick with the Japanese-made sets?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks