What's new

Anyone have this problem? (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
the picture
(for some reason the pic would'nt show here)
Ignore the date, was too lazy to set the correct date on the camera.
Anyway can you notice the enormous scratches I have on my screen? How can I get those off? Please give me so simple how to instructions since I'm a simple minded idiot
Oh yea, this is my new theater in my new house by the way. I'll be updating my site when I get organized.

Lando P

Agent
I'm sorry I have to ask what brand of tv have you got? The reason I'm asking is because some rptv's like the Panasonics don't have protective screens. If yours has one you can try Scratch Out that you can purchase from your nearby auto parts store. I use that for taking out scratches from my cd's and dvd's, and I've used it on my rptv's protective screen. They work on plastic, but if the compound doesn't take out the scratches, I'm sure it will hide it well.

If the scratches are so deep that they would still bother you, you can opt to replace the protective screen. You can take your screen (measurements) to Home Depot or the like and have them cut you a clear acryllic plastic. But first do a research on your rptv's model and see if someone has attempted to replace a protective with a tv same as yours. And maybe you can ask how to do it.

Cost would be approx. $3.00 for the Scratch Out and $35.00 -40.00 for the protective screen replacement.

Good luck.

Mike-grouse

Stunt Coordinator
Look like you still have the protective plastic lining that usually ships on the protective acrylic screen.

Did you take it off of both sides.

If they are surface scratches I've been able to remove those by simply rubbing them off with my finger.

If there are indeed deep scratches, get a new screen.

hope this helps, and don't feel dumb if it the protective plastic. Everyone forgets something.

Greg Foan

Stunt Coordinator
If it is the protective screen........and you do NOT have small children or evil pets......like my cats for instance, you might consider ditching the protective screen altogether......the picture will be better for one thing.....but, alas, any further scratches would be disasterous.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I attempted to remove the protective screen, but it required much more work than anticipated. With that pro. screen gone left a big gap to be filled, and I didn't feel going through the hassle. So I just put it back on.

And I'm glad I did. That screen has proven it's self to be invaluable. I was doing some tweaking and one of my speaker stands tipped over and hit smack into that screen, I don't wanna think of the damage it would have left had that plastic not been there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks