What's new

Anyone have this Elite audio rack (El-501)? (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I've seen this stand a few online places, for example:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/jandr/eli-el501.html
But I haven't found a website from the manufacturer. If anyone happens to have this stand, could you please tell me the actual shelf dimensions - the websites just list the size of the top and base - and if there are specified weight limits for the shelves.
The reason I'm asking is that my current rack just barely supports my receiver (Denon 2700) and I'd need a new rack - a glass door is an absolute necessity - before I even considered upgrading the receiver. Thanks...

Neeraj

Grip
I had the same issue when I was looking about 3 weeks ago. I found this rack at www.goodguys.com (although its out of stock now) and actually called them to ask about the internal dimensions. Guess what? They don't know.
I am actually still looking and am starting to lean toward the Tech-Craft stands. Take a look at the SF60, SF50 and VR50. They are pretty decent (I think) and are a lot more popular. CC carries the VR50 and my biggest test was to try and fit the SONY CDP-CX450 (21-1/4" deep!!) into their display model and it fit in relatively easily. You might be even able to get more information on their internal dimensions through someone here at this forum.
Hope this helps.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Thanks Neeraj. Actually I sent a note to goodguys last nite but haven't heard back from them.

As for the Tech-craft models, they have a web site with the specs. They didn't list the weight limits so I emailed them and they were nice enough to respond that the shelves can support up to 40 pounds and the bottom can hold up to 60. I suspect the Elite rack is similar.
CC carries the VR50 and my biggest test was to try and fit the SONY CDP-CX450 (21-1/4" deep!!) into their display model and it fit in relatively easily.
That's interesting. Crutchfield's site says that the maximum compartment depth is 20". Are you sure about fitting a 21 1/4" component?

I'd be interested in finding out what you actually end up buying. If you don't mind my asking, what size receiver/amp are you looking to fit into the rack?

Neeraj

Grip
Marvin:
I have a Yamaha HTR-5460. Here's what I got for dimensions from the yamaha website:
Dimensions W x H x D = 18" x 9.25" x 20.5"
Weight 29.75 lbs.
Note that I also want to get the Sony CD changer at some stage - which is why I checked. The dimensions according to the Somy website are:
WxHxD = 17" x 7-1/2" x 21-1/8" (guess I was a little off on the depth before:frowning:
On most of the Sony reviews, I had heard about people having a lot of trouble getting it in to their audio rack. Since the WAF did not allow me to get an open rack, I had to find something closed that would fit all my components. So I just went to CC and told them to fit in their display Sony changer into the display rack and it fit in pretty good. Some of the I/O posts might have been jutting out at the back but thats usually not a problem since these racks have their back walls mostly "open" for cables to go in an out. And as much as my wife would love to flush these racks along the back wall, we both know that I have to leave at least 2-6" for my components to breathe and to connect:)

Neeraj

Grip
Can't figure out how I edit my own post so I'll just add another reply.

Just to add to what I said above, the back of most of these racks is made up of a "cardboard" type material. When you initially get the rack, this cardboard has perforations which can be removed for cable management. If you don't like the existing perforations, you can use a pocket knife to get your needs. If you can spend about 15 minutes on it, you can do a pretty neat looking job and nobody will ever know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks