What's new

anyone have their surround speakers firing up? what to do about port? (1 Viewer)

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
hey guys..i'm trying to figure out how to use my rears..the stands I have ordered are the athena sst-2234's..they are 34" maximum height and my surrounds are bookshelf speakers..about 15 inches or so high..now my couch back is 31"..so that means my speakers will be at ear level..I was checking out the dolby digital site and they say to have the surrounds 2-3 feet above ear level..they also show a diagram of the speakers firing up from behind the couch..has anyone done this? does it sound good? i would post the DD site, but this site won't let me..

anyways what do i do about the port at the back if i lay the speakers on a table of some kind to get them 2 or so feet in the air? the port will be blocked off..thanks for any help guys..

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I have my surround backs(7.1) firing up from behind the couch. I really like the way they sound. As far as the ports, I am using a couple of small wooden crates so they are elevated about 12 in. or so off the ground. They have about a 1" gap in between the pieces of wood so there is plenty of air flow IMO. The couch is against a wall BTW so they are hidden from sight.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
A long time ago, I also have my rear speakers behind my couch, but I've since just used 29" tall stools to prop up my rear speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks