What's new

Anyone Have the Tivo Home Media Option? (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
The number one reason I've held back on getting a Tivo was lack of wireless broadband support (yeah, yeah...I know there's hacks.) Has anyone tried the wireless hookup with the home media option? Just curious about how reliable it's been for regular updating and remote scheduling.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Wireless networking doesn't require the HMO; it's built into the current Tivo2 software, and once it's set up, all updating occurs via the internet. Remote scheduling, however, does require the HMO.

But I haven't yet implemented either of them.

M.

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Mine isn't wireless, but it easily could be. I installed the ethernet board with standard cable connector. The installation went flawless; I bought the materials from 9th Tee and within a short time was up and running via cabled ethernet (I do not run wireless).

I read somewhere there was a wireless version, but not sure. However, IIRC you could hook up a WAP to the ethernet card and go that route...

Mike

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I just want to note that, with TiVo2 machines, there's no need to add an ethernet board. Network connections, wired and wireless, can be established through the USB connectors.

M.

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
Just picked up a Series 2 Tivo and got the HMO option. I'm using a wireless USB adapter with it and it works great. I did some testing today with the remote scheduling and it picked up everything I tried, the earliest being a show that started within 45 minutes of when I scheduled it online. Very cool.

Upgraded the hard drives this evening and I now have a 225 hour Tivo. :)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I'm waiting for AAC support, before getting the HMO, but it looks like it's right around the corner. Meanwhile, I have the TiVo connected to my wireless network and it works flawlessly.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if there are plans to bring the HMO option to the DirecTiVos?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks