What's new

Anyone have the Parts Express MKIII 15" sub? (1 Viewer)

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
What type of music?

Most will say that 2 10" subs are better than one [very] large sub (especially for music).

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Well, I have heard about the whole deal with 'big woofers slow, small woofers fast', and from what I heard, it isn't true.

I mostly listen to either rock (like stuff from the 60's and 70's) or fairly hardcore electronic music (which had lots of deep, loud bass).

Again, in a room this size (13' X 13'6 X 9'), I think it should be overkill (I want more overkill than you could imagine, I can always turn the gain dial towards infinity)

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
I'm sure its decent quality. The Dayton drivers are all good quality values and the Titanics are the cream of the (woofer) crop.

My only specific concern with this driver is that I think the Xmag is larger than Xmech, meaning that suspension travel runs out before the motor strength does. This might make for a woofer that has a tendency to bottom out when given enough power to get near Xmax. Of course Xmax is pretty healthy in this case, so maybe its not a big worry. But somebody here said their Titanic Mk3 15 bottomed out before their Tempest did.

Other than that, remember that the Titanic kit is a sealed sub while the SVS are all ported. So the Titanic might not have the low-end SPL advantage that you might otherwise expect. But in your tiny room I can't imagine that you'd be left wanting.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I guess a sealed box would be beneficial for a woofer that might 'bottom out' - but in the THIRD revision of a VERY expensive driver, I have to wonder is there is more to the design that just those two parameters - like you will never run out of suspension travel.

I just home SOMEONE knows how this thing preforms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks