Anyone have the new Tourniquet CD? mini review inside!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Andrew s wells, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

Its been a while since an album has totally caught me off guard and exceeded any expectations I had. Tourniquets new CD "Where moth and rust destroy" is a very creative mix of many styles of metal... speed metal..thrashy... progressive... and even arena style rock.. sometimes all in the same song. Luke easter shows his incredibly varied voice off, moreso than any prior release. Handling ALL the vocals has to be tough. Ted kirkpatricks drumming is as amazing as ever and his rhythm playing is very good as well. Guest guitarists marty friedman (ex-megadeth) and bruce franklin (trouble) are allowed to play to their hearts content and it seems everything they play fits in perfectly with the structure of each song. I find it very annoying that this album has been next to impossible to find at any of my local record stores. This band certianly deserves the recognition and has released an album that nearly every fan of heavy metal should enjoy. If you are interested and simply can't find it many stores will special order it for you, or just go to the official site of the band . I can't reccomend it highly enough if you are either a fan of the band or are always looking for new talent.. tourniquet has that in spades. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

i will check it out

3. Andrew s wells

Cool man. Please be sure to post your thoughts once you track it down. Looking froward to hearing other opinions on it as well. [​IMG]

4. Andrew s wells

you dave.did you pick up the new CD yet? just wondering.. i was also curious.. threads like this that have 26 views.. are thos perhaps fans of the band that just dont post their thoughts or just seeing what the hub-bub is about. I really hate for such a seriously talented band no go so un-noticed.

5. Andrew s wells

Just wanted to try and kick start this topic one more time. I really hope if any fans of the band read this they will conisder checking the new cd out. Dave, did you ever get the chance to pick it up yet?