Anyone have the capability to remove vocals?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Vet, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Tom Vet

Tom Vet Stunt Coordinator

I have this super neato sound system one thing it won't do is remove vocals, like songs in the Eddie and the Cruisers DVD where 'Doc' is chasing them in his 57 blue chevy convertible. I like the intrumental track but there are car noises and vocals from people, I wish to remove before re-recording CD to CD Anyone ? [​IMG]

P.S. I can add vocals to existing CD disc when burning, Tom Vet and The Beach Boys sound great 'together' singing "Surfer Girl". Straight no drugs or booze, sounds much better than shower music. hehe

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
  3. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I checked the website and listened to the demo, and I think they said the results would only be in mono. [​IMG]

4. Tom Vet

If you seen Eddie and the Cruisers you know it's in Dolby Surround. Maybe smeone else wll kow Thank you for trying.[​IMG]

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

curious. how is it possible (even using that thing phil linked to) to remove the audio track without the master tapes?

i assume it must be some sort of software driven doo-hickey???

6. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Below is info from their website and the ling to FAQ. They have been around quite a while.

http://www.ltsound.com/VE4/faq1.htm

"The VE4 Is The Product For The Serious Singer
    *There is a good reason why there is usually a backlog of customers waiting anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks for delivery of their VE4.* The VE4 is probably the only box on the planet designed for the solitary purpose of meeting the needs of the serious singer.* The VE4 to allows you to remove the lead vocal from your standard stereo recordings and record truly professional background CD's onto your CD burner or computer with or without your new vocal.* The VE4 couples the world's Most Advanced Vocal EliminatorTM (We Invented Vocal Elimination Back In 1976) with Key Transposition and Vocal Enhancement and Capture Algorithms second only to our $5,000 "Missing Link".* Despite its sophistication, the VE4 is incredibly easy for the non technical singer to use. The VE4 appeals to the techno tweak as well as the serious singer who doesn't want to deal with the details.*
    *** With Digital inputs and outputs, and extraordinary electronics, 32 bit DSP processing, and probably the best 48 volt Phantom powered, optimized for voice, mic pre-amp on the planet, the VE4 is the Heart and Soul of any Home Recording Studio or Performance PA Sound System. There simply is no other product on the planet geared specifically to meeting all the needs of the serious singer like the VE4.*
    ** When recording, it replaces a mixing console and outboard effects units. It is the ideal "vocal capture" box for serious digital recording.* In performance it replaces the PA mixer providing automatic mixing, and effects.* The VE4 is smart enough to automatically kill the reverb between songs so you can speak to the audience without effects.* For over 25 years we have been producing undoubtedly the best products for the truly serious singer.** If you are serious about singing, you simply will not be able to imagine life* without your VE4. If in doubt check out the comments from our delighted customers. "

7. Tom Vet

I have see advertizement with a guy and microphone in his hands, the ad stating it removes vocals but I can't find the adv.

Ted at this point I have been trying my ASS off to get the vocals off of 2 songs in 2 movie one you know, the other is "The Wraith" which also had horns honkng while they are racing to this neato song. I would like to adapt it to my 2 device Dolby Surround with 2000 milliseconds of reverb and 100 times the depth Radio Shack #42-2108 for my Dolby Surround in my Denon AHD-750 PQ 30 Ohm low impedence.

My Teacher was Professor Samual Miller the course was in sound projection, I took a night class at Lafayette College in Easton Pa. around 1966. I first had a tinny sounding reverb made by Sparkomatic for my AM radio in my bought for $2,860 *New* 1965 Signal Flare Red mustang in 1964. Ted ratshack was having huge connection problem with this before its time device, to top that oof the korean inventer who traslated the instructios died.

I found a way to connect it I less than 40 seconds, I did it for a ratshack mangager. He said that really has a echo, I disabbled it put backk in the box. Man that manager was perplexed to see a kid put it together, when him and all his staff could get conected at all. The discontnued it all the parts were sent back to Korea where the parts were used for other aplications, it was never patented it could have my name legally on the face plate. It doesn't have digital fiber or coax connections this was way before that stuff came out. I would have to configure a new set of schematics and software to be able to sell it. Oh hell I enjoy blowing the socks off of anyone that thinks they're ordinary headphones which they are.

Except for the system I married, a intoduction to a virtal reality in sound. Blows their doors off to CD Dolby Surround and their heads off when watching movie Stargate chapter 16 (Theatrical version) the only shown ride and heard thru my neato system.

The looks on the faces are worth gold, how how did you do this I heard, each word spaced, *not* spoke in a sentence. Yo..What a way to be introduced to a for real virtual reality in sound. Prof Miller "stop calling me that, you don't a GD degree you know more than I do, I can't imagine how you did this myself!" [​IMG]

8. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

I remember playing around with an out rat shack amp and Lafayette (remember them) speakers back in my youth (Early 70's). Somewhere I read that you can cut the vocals by (this is from memory folks so no backlash) hooking the 2 speakers up in series:

+ from the receiver to + on the speaker
    - on speaker 1 to - on speaker 2
    + on speaker 2 to + on the receiver

A third speaker could be added to the 2 unused - terminals on the amp for the vocals. The whole premise was what was the same in both channels (the vocals) would be cancelled by being out of phase with this hookup. I remember it actually worked. Worth a Saturday afternoon tryout anyway.

This was actually early pro logic, Dolby just refined it.

9. Tom Vet

Jeff I never heard of Lafayette speakers just Lafayette College that has night school classes that I attended in 1966. The no credit course was Sound Projection was taught by Professor Samual (Sam) Miller AKA the prof. Just like Professor Lindenbrook in JTTCOTEarth 1959 DVD just released.

10. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

There's a plugin for AnalogX Vocal Remover.
    Why bother with 1970's LT sound hardware when you can have software do it in a snap.

AnalogX Vocal Remover Software

-JNS

11. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

None of the vocal removers, software or otherwise, work very well. It's simply a phase trick, and tries to remove the "center" image. As a result, panned vocals are nearly impossible to eliminate, and they often remove big chunks of the music.

Once you have a finshed mix, there is no practical way to pull out one thing without affecting everything else. Your best bet is to check karoke suppliers for recorded background music.

-V