Anyone have the Canon PowerShot A40 digital camera?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle McKnight, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I've been considering purchasing a digital camera lately, and this one has caught my eye. I've read a few reviews around the net, and have a genrally good feeling about it. I was wondering if anyone here has one, and what your comments on it are.
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/a40.html

2. Dave Ringkor

Dave Ringkor Stunt Coordinator

I have the S20 and I love it. Looking at the specs for the S40, it seems superior in everything other than pixels (the S20 has 3.3 megapixels but I almost never use that resolution anyway). I love my Canon (even works great with Linux) and I'm sure the new model is just as great. Highly recommended!

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Well, I just placed an order for the camera, a 12x (1.8MB/sec sustained write speed) 64MB Lexar compact flash card, Lexar CF USB pc reader, and a Monster NiMH rechargable battery pack. Total came to $415 with overnight Fed-EX shipping. Shipping was $20, but I HAD to have it for the weekend [​IMG]. If anyone is interested, I'll let you know what I think after a few days.