Anyone have success pricematch panny 47" HDTV at SEARs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KevinO, Jul 30, 2001.

1. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

I've read on HTF about one person's success in getting a pricematch, but no others. An authorized Panny dealer called IBMega sells it for less than $1800 shipped. It's worth a shot. I'm not sure if I'm going to get this set, but if I succeed in pricematching I'll post.

2. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

All I can tell you from my experience is that you need to be persistent. You might have to visit different locations and you also might have to talk to more than one salesperson at one location. I wasn't satisfied with the original salesperson I talked to where I purchased the unit so I talked to another guy that pricematched the unit for me. Also, be ready to buy when you negotiating with the guy. If he wants to give you a pricematch do it and don't let him sleep on it or have a chance to discuss it with a manager! Good Luck!

3. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

I did, with shipping from the other store included. Saved my $75.00. Just be persistent, but nice too.
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

4. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

Matt, i'm curious, what's your viewing distance going to be for the new panasonic?

5. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

6. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Kevin,
    I was in my local store recently inquiring about the new Toshibas and whether Sears would be carrying them. The salesman informed me that they would be carrying at least some of them. I then asked when is the best time to buy , I usually buy large items during the Customer appreciation sale. The salesman told me that my best bet would be to do an internet pricematch from a store with the product showing in stock along with the shipping fee.
    [​IMG]
    Sears would match the internet price with the inflated delivery fee (usually around $300).
    Previously I got the answer no price match on internet products upon asking. Personally, I think finding the right salesperson is key.
    Let us know how you make out.
    [Edited last by Gil D on August 01, 2001 at 12:16 AM]