Anyone have Staind - 14 Shades Of Grey?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jeremy Scott, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

Does anyone have this album? if so, what do you think of the HIREZ versions fo the songs?

it is in 96khz.

2. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

I have it but haven't listened to it enough to have an opinion.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I ordered a copy at DDD a few weeks ago, but they appear to be on backorder. I'll post thoughts if I ever get it [​IMG]

4. Jason Perez

Jason Perez Second Unit

Howdy Jeremy!

I have given the Staind DVD-A a couple of spins, and although I never owned the CD, I would venture to guess that the advanced resolution benefits most of the tunes on the album. The multichannel mix is nice, allowing the music to "breathe" without being gimmicky, and Aaron Lewis' vocals sound terrific. If you are jonesing for some hard rock in hi-res, I highly recommend this album (and I am not even a huge Staind fan), especially for its price. I believe I paid 13.99 for it at BB a couple of months ago!

Regards,

Jason

5. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

I gave up on them after "Break the Cycle". They definitely went the Creed route. I saw them six or seven times before they really broke big (being a local band) and they've done a 180. "Dysfunction" was a great album, nothing like the last two.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Definitely Dysfunction was their best album. I was a disappointed when they cancelled their concert here last weekend. Hopefully they will drop in around here again.

I picked up the CD before I knew about the DVD-A, but I'm not sure I will bother with the DVD-A, becuase the album is not as good as I expected.

7. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

8. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Staind definitely sold out.

If only they could do more songs like "Price To Play" instead of the really slow stuff that seems to overpower their albums.

I honestly would take a listen to the samples that you can find at their site or at CDUniverse.

9. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

"Suffocate" live in a small venue was fantastic. I don't have anything against a lighter sounding band. I'm listening the to "The Thirteenth Step" as I'm writing this. Its these bands that build a loyal core fanbase and then shit all over them at the sniff of top 40 radio airplay. The recording industry should be looking at awful music for a reason for sliding CD sales. I wouldn't download anything that I thought was worth buying.