Anyone have source for replacement PC Game Box's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob McElfresh, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I just picked up Desert Siege (the Ghost Recon expansion) and Jedi Knight II. These are the first games with those cool new game box's.
    But I have shelves of the old games & box's, so I started wondering if anyone has a supplier for hard-shell plastic box's that match the size of the new game box's. Kind of like replacement Amary cases for DVD's.
    Any other advice for cleaning up my shelves of PC games would be appreciated.
    (Yes, I just threw out some old beloved games like Wing Commander, Specter, The Incredible Machine, Alone in the Dark, etc. So I already trimmed things down. [​IMG] )

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

How are they packaged in the US then? Here in the UK, plain old Alpha DVD cases are used normally.

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

It's a larger version of the Alpha DVD case, Iain. The companies saw the success of the cases in the UK & decided to do their own version as they thought it was 'too small' etc.

Basically, they couldn't admit the UK got it right (joke!).

Seriously though, I remember my UK Black & White arrived at work & people were really curious about the case & reversible artwork compared to the huge big US cardboard box.

That shows how long B&W was delayed - I preordered it in the UK and that was six or seven months till its eventual release.

4. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

With the large cardboard boxes, I have a shelf full of the manuals deemed worthy of keeping, and then a shelf full of jewel cases. The big cardboard bit goes in the bin the moment the disc has been confirmed as ok and its not going back to the shop. I suppose thats why I'm so glad we get Alpha boxes here now - its the one time I keep the original artwork and actually have something glossy to show a pirate doesn't...