What's new

Anyone have service menu info? (1 Viewer)

Scott_AH

Stunt Coordinator
The last thing I want to do is mess up my TV but I'm curious about navigating the service menu. I've ran AVIA on this TV and have noticed a couple of problems that, I've come to find out, can be fixed through the service menu. Does anyone know a good source of info on these menus and how to use them without messing things up further (particularly that of a Toshiba 36AF41)? I know that to do so voids the manufacturer's warranty but I'm already past that anyway. Thanks

Scott

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
This is the first I've heard of accessing the service menu voiding the warranty. As long as you don't open the case to the television I think the manufacturer would be hard pressed to justify voiding the warranty because of the service menu.

I don't have any tips on your specific set but one thing that is essential is to write down all of the initial settings before making any changes. I didn't do that so I will never be able to restore it to the original settings. Not that I would want to but having the ability would be nice.

Scott_AH

Stunt Coordinator
Well I'd heard that the warranty becomes void on other threads I've read. Thanks though. By the way, how did you know what you were doing when you messed with yours?

Scott

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Scott: Asking about service-menu particulars is best left off the public forums. Thanks! JB

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
It's been over a year since I messed with my service menu but from what I remember a discussion here @A htf referred me to some other site (which I don't remember) and that site gave basic info on how to access the menu. Once I got in the changes I made were little more than guesswork. I knew I wanted to reduce the red push and overscan so I just kept messing with the numbers till I found what I was looking for.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Accessing the service menu does void your warranty unless it is done by an authorized technician..... however like my dealer said to me "How would we know if you didn't throw out the service menu instructions we leave and you went back in?" that being said they would easily know if you royally mucked up your tv in the service menu which is quite possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks