What's new

Anyone Have SCREEN SHOTS from Their HT? (1 Viewer)

Rich H

Second Unit
Hi folks.

A few people started posting screen shots from their Home Theater displays in another forum, and it was quite cool.
Given that many people have digital cameras or scanners these days, I think more people are snapping pictures of their displays. Many of us are so excited about what we see at home, we'd like to somehow share it with other AV enthusiasts.

The limitations and caveats of showing a display through a screen shot taken with a camera, sent to some stranger's computer are obvious. And yet, in checking out other people's screen shots on the web, I've found that some shots *do* capture some of the flavour of the images in a home theater. It's kind of fun to cyber visit someone else's set-up.

Just for kicks, I'm trying to take some screen shots of some DVDs on my display (it's a plasma). I'll post them here when I get them together.

Anyone else?

BTW, this guy's screen shots are pretty good:
http://www.videophile.info/Screen/Page_01.htm

Rich H.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have spent a long time trying to figure out how to capture my screen shots. I've tried 35mm and digital, any numerous variables...

Link Removed
Link Removed

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thing w/ screenshots is that if you want to do it reasonably true to the TV images, it's not that easy to do and pretty much impossible to present faithfully.

You have to do all sorts of things just to get good screenshots. And then? How do you know that other people will see your screenshots w/ accurate colors even if you could create accurate screenshots in the first place?

There are just too many "filters" for the images to go through between your TV and somebody else's computer monitor. And thus, Neil's dilemma and spending "a long time trying to figure out how to" do it.

_Man_

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
Christ Neil, that whole room is incredible. Are you a proffesional athlete, Cash $ big baller, or something of that nature?

Rich H

Second Unit
Thanks for the pix so far.

Niel, congrats. Those are among the nicest screen shots I've seen. Whatta set-up!

Bryce, those before and after shots are very apropos, as I have an ISF scheduled this month for my plasma. Thank you.

_Man_

I'd mentioned those obvious caveats about screen shots in my original post. Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to give someone a perfect representation in a screen shot, but they are fun to view nonetheless. It's like high-end audio and the attempt to reproduce a perfect replica of "real voices and instruments" through an artificial medium. Practically, it's an almost unreachable ideal for most people's sytem, but it's an intriguing goal and a stimulating pastime. I put screen-shots in the same category.

Keep 'em coming people. I'll try and get mine in soon.

Rich H.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Now that I have my screen in, I'm waiting for my contractor to come by and bury all my cables for me. Then it's new pictures time (link in sig has former TV).

Edited for spelling

Doug

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a few HD screenshots. It's of some jazz thing on PBS. The last one's of Shawshank Redemption in HD. They'd look better if I took the time to set up a tripod, but I'm too lazy. Handheld, slightly blury shots will have to do.
-Erik
EDIT:
Removed pictures.

EdR

Second Unit
I have one, taken with a DV camera...so not very high quality. I put a CD up on one side to show scale...it's about a 70" image.

From an NEC LT260, 4x3 (I game a lot).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks