Anyone have problems with Happy Accidents?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rbirk, Jan 12, 2003.

1. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

I just got the Canadian release by Seville Pictures of "Happy Accidents" and my Toshiba 3109 DVD player is saying it is a bad disc. However, my laptop plays it just fine so it looks like the DVD is no totally bad and I suspect a player compatibility issue.

Before I send the DVD back for replacement, I would like to know if others have the same problem.

Ron Birk

2. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

The reason I would like other reports is that the place I bought the DVD from, dvdsoon.com, have a policy that if the disc works on their "test player", which they don't say which one it is, then they will not consider the DVD to be defect.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I have the US release, and it worked fine in all 3 players I've tried: Pnansonic A-310, Philips $100 junk, and my HTPC.

Is the Canadian one really different than the MGM US release? The DVD profiler info showed the canadian one as being NC-17 (?!?!).

-Vince

4. Mario Bartel

Mario Bartel Stunt Coordinator

The Seville version of Happy Accidents played fine on my Toshiba 5109, but the quality of the transfer was substandard, especially considering the good work Seville has been doing lately.