What's new

Anyone have Party Girl? (1 Viewer)

Kent Nelson

Agent
I was going to pick this one up for my wife as a stocking stuffer flick, but I see on some sites that it is full screeen and one other site says anamorphic ws. Anyone know for sure? Thanks for any response.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
I have the canadian version that was released a while back and the packaging is identical (minus a few logos) to the new US release. The picture is basically taken from the laserdisc transfer from what I can tell and it is in full screen. Not really the best picture for this movie, but I enjoy the film too much not to watch it.

Will K

Screenwriter
I've wondered this as well. Shucks, one less thing to purchase this Christmas.

James Reader

Screenwriter
I pre-ordered this a while back from Amazon and it still hasn't shipped. Has anyone had theirs from Amazon?

Jodee

Screenwriter
Mine just shipped from DVD Empire. It was released on the 10th (pushed back form the 3rd) but I combined it on an order with my 12/17 releases to save on shipping.

Matt Shiv

Agent
I got my copy today from dvdempire. It's sort of hard to be upset over a dvd that only costs $10 that I never really thought would be released in the first place. Having said that, it's not much better than my old vhs copy.

I am not entirely sure how this film was shot since it was a pretty low-budget indie...but the disc is indeed full screen. From just a quick scan through the chapters, I am not impressed with the transfer at all.

ALSO the packaging states that there is a commentary, but there is not. It also states that the film is closed captioned, but there are no captions or subtitles on the disc.

Overall, I am not exactly sure what the point was of putting this movie out and doing such a poor job. I am glad to have it, as it's one of my favorite films of the past few years...but be warned that it isn't worth much more than the $10 I paid for it!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Just got sent a copy for review.
FF only!!!!!
'Cuz we all know how much the kids love Parkey Posey indies. :rolleyes
Pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks