What's new

Anyone have or heard the av123 Extended Response Super Tweeter? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have been spending a lot of time on the av123 website and saw this. Their super tweeter that is supposed to dramatically improve frequency response up to 45khz. It is also supposed to add greater depth, transparency and openness to your existing speaker. How true is this and is it really worth $349?
Here is the link
http://www.av123.com/products_produc...s&product=74.1

johnADA

Stunt Coordinator
Does your receiver put out a signal that high, besides the fact you still cant hear it!!!!!

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
I dont know about that tweeter but dont discard it just because we cant "hear it". The receiver argument is a valid and interesting one...gonna check my receiver but I dont think its rated over 20khz or so.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
From the link we have...
suggesting that you'll basically be fucking with your existing tweeter. I think there are better things to spend your money on.

mojomike

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I would think that if you had speakers with excellent bass and mids, but the highs, not so much, those tweeters might be just the ticket. Also, they could be worth a risk-free try for 30 days, risking only the shipping charge which can't be too high because they are small.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I wanna use one for my SACD's so I can hear the extra octave.

Actually, I've spent enough time in front of Marshall stacks that the 3" full-range driver in my Tivoli radio probably exceeds my upper limit. I'm like Pete Townshend (without those, y'know...websites).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks