Anyone have one of the Panasonic DMR-E* series DVDR?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by John*Fee, Jun 1, 2003.

1. John*Fee

John*Fee Auditioning

Hello all

Im looking at buying one of the Panasonic DMR-E* series DVD recorders either the E50 or E60. And i was wondering if anyone here had one? And can me give your review or thoughts about the series. I tried searching for views on the models at eopions.com and the like but they don't have any yet. I guess they are new. Also i looked at dvd player review sites, no luck [​IMG] If anyone can give me their feedback i be most great full thanks [​IMG]

2. Larry Schneider

Larry Schneider Second Unit

I had the E20, then got the E30 because it lets one pause during "flexible recording" and it has progressive out. I've been using it to copy laserdiscs, tapes and Tivo-ed material, and as my DVD player. They make great copies, and have circuitry that cleans up your original material. I'm very happy.

3. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

I love mine so much (DMR-E30) if not for the fact that it went dead on me only after about 200 discs/6 months. It took Panasonic about 1.5 months to fix the unit under warranty.

However, other than that, I love the unit. I just hope it doesn't die on me soon after the warranty is out.

4. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I have th E50 and just hooked it up last night. I know there is a lot to it and have not messed around with it too much but for what I have seen it is very impressive. I was recording Harry Potter off of HBO last night and could not tell the difference between satellite and the recorded dvd. Picture and sound quality on recorded dvd's are very impressice.

5. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Oops, last word was supposed to be "impressive!"