What's new

Anyone have Jin-Roh SE? (1 Viewer)

Eujin

Supporting Actor
I was at my local BB the other day and saw that they have the 3-disc Jin-Roh SE (with DTS!). Does anyone own this yet or seen it? I'm hoping that it will have a top-notch transfer that will justify the $49.99 price tag. Anyone?

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
There's two version of this movie. The Special Edition version (3 discs) with DTS, or the regular version (1 disc only) with just DD 5.1, which I believe is like $29.99 (or something like that).

I got the SE version but have yet to watch it. I will soon enough.

James D

Second Unit
The regular edition does have DTS for the Japanese soundtrack. To my knowledge, the disc that contains the movie are the same for both versions. The Special Edition gives you a second disc worth of extras and a third disc containing the original soundtrack. For me, the price difference of $25 is too great to buy the special edition.

Keith Yatsuhashi

Stunt Coordinator
I have the special edition. I love this movie. Not typical anime, it's alot more realistic. The special edition contains the soundtrack, which I also think is great.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Hey Guys, thanks for the replies. I think I'll pick up the SE tonight....and post an update with my thoughts on the transfer, film, etc.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I have a friend who bought the disc, sight unseen, the other day. He saw this thread and said the above review link is dead on. In fact, he said he's been tempted all day to knock off work early and go home and watch it again.

-Vince

Eujin

Supporting Actor
I was going to head down to BB to pick the disc up, but I don't think I'll have time to get around to watching it this weekend as I picked up a FREE copy of AI. If anyone is still interested, I'll get to Jin-Roh when I can and post my findings.

Darryl_L

Auditioning
My girlfriend picked up the SE for me the other day and I watched it a couple of nights ago. First off, the movie was really good. Nice transfer, Japanese DTS soundtrack sounded good from what I heard. The extras on the second disc were kinda lame though. Basically there were 30 min of interviews, some trailers, and some production art. I liked the cd soundtrack, but I don't know if it really justifies the price difference between the SE and the non-SE.

Users who are viewing this thread