1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have info on ELF1.0 kits

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Kevin Patterson, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Kevin Patterson

Kevin Patterson Stunt Coordinator

I am looking for a cheap but good hometheater i was previousely looking at the dayton diy speakers that are around 100$ per pair an i have seen the ELF1.0 kit for 100$ i am wondering what this includes besides drivers an has anyone heard them are they worth it an what are some other sudgestions on diy low cost speakers for ht.

Kevin

2. Aaron Howell

Aaron Howell Stunt Coordinator

FWIW, I havn't heard either, but while browsing the other day I did notice creative sound has the elf 1.0 home theater kit for $135usd + shipping.

3. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

In the basic kit you get a driver, a port tube, input cup, sealing caulk and screws. The W3-871S is a fantastic driver for it's price. Keep in mind that the Elf 1.0 rolls off quite high which means your sub will need to XO at 100 or 120 Hz. If you only have $100 I don't know of a better way to go. If you have a little more $ you may want to look for mains that can go a bit lower.

4. Kevin Patterson

Kevin Patterson Stunt Coordinator

On the creative sound website it said 100$ for 5 Kits and i was just wondering whats in those kits also can anyone reccomend some other nice ht speakers on a budget my budget is around 300-400$ canadian i will probably spend more but can someone at least sudgest a diy bookshelf for under 100$

Kevin

5. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

The SuperElf would fit that description.