What's new

Anyone have further details on Queensryche DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
A new DVD from Queensryche is scheduled for release October 9th. As this is one of my all-time favorite bands (Operation: mindcrime is absolutely a desert island disc) I'm quite excited about this. Does anyone have further details on this disc's content?
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Tim Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Kline
I think it's just a live CD from their most recent concerts on the iron maiden/halford/QR tour, and other shows .. I've been desperately trying to find more info too
frown.gif

I'd LOVE to see an Operation: Livecrime DVD though, remastered in DTS of course :)
------------------
Tim Kline
HT Newbie Extraordinaire!
[email protected]
Link Removed
My DVD List
Link Removed

Tim Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Kline
No fair! I have the original Livecrime CD and now there's those extra 2 tracks on the new version
frown.gif

Oh well, as long as they put them on the DVD then I'll be OK I guess :)
------------------
Tim Kline
HT Newbie Extraordinaire!
[email protected]
Link Removed
My DVD List
Link Removed

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who loved this band. This is actually one of the few 80's bands that I can still listen to.
Can't wait for Operation Livecrime. Mindcrime was an excellent (if not somewhat derivative) concept album that I listened to for like a year straight...

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I'd LOVE to see an Operation: Livecrime DVD though, remastered in DTS of course
The PCM stereo track on my Japanese import LaserDisc is fantastic, far far superior to the unlistenable CD that came in the US VHS/CD Livecrime box set. I hope they keep this great mix. That said a dts 5.1 track may make or break my buying descision. I'm not terribly impressed with DD for 5.1 music (particularly since I got a DVD-A machine), but I'd rebuy for a DTS 5.1 mix.
------------------
Philip Hamm
Pat's the best!™
AIM: PhilBiker
click on the little green house to see the evolution of my home theater!

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this release. I was a diehard Queensryche fan back in the OMC, Empire, and Promised Land days. Like Philip I have the Livecrime LD and their Empire LD, both have amazing PCM stereo tracks.
BTW, I was thinking about Queensryche last week and the song Empire came to mind while I was watching news about the WTC tragedy. Listen to that song and think about the events of the last week, some of it is pretty chilling.
------------------
September 11, 2001
"Those who died will always be remembered.
Those who killed will never be forgotten.
We who remain will not let it happen again."
[Edited last by JerryW on September 19, 2001 at 08:20 AM]

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
there's a release date for operation livecrime on DVD
Cool. I already have the LD but will still pick this up. If for nothing else to hear Tate's commentary.
I still think OM would make for a great movie.
------------------
--Jay
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
From my understanding of the DVD (Not Operation:LiveCrime DVD), was recorded a few monthes ago. Queensryche played 2 nights earlier this summer in Seattle and played a different set each night. They made this DVD out of it and are also releasing a double CD (which has even more songs on it). It sounds pretty cool.
Here is a track listing for the DVD:
NM 156
Roads to Madness
The Lady Wore Black
London
Screaming in Digital
I Am I
Damaged
Empire
Silent Lucidity
Jet City Woman
Hit the Black
Breakdown
The Right Side of My Mind
Revolution Calling
Suite Sister Mary
My Empty Room
Eyes of a Stranger
Take Hold of the Flame
Queen of the Reich
From what I have read, there are at least one easter egg on the DVD. I think it is a new song, but I might be wrong.
I can't wait to get my hands on it.
------------------

James Q Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
So will Chris DeGarmo be playing in this concert? He took a break and wasn't on the Q2K disc (which I like).
------------------
-JQJ

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Paul,
It's cool that you've seent hem so often! I saw them open for Metallica (before I was into them at all - I was _very_ impressed) during the Mindcrime tour, and saw the Hear In The Now Frontier concert (which was fantastic).
------------------
Philip Hamm
Pat's the best!™
AIM: PhilBiker
click on the little green house to see the evolution of my home theater!

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
A lot of what I love about Queensryche left with De Garmo. I think he contribute the bulk of the songwriting chores.
------------------
--Jay

Patrick_L

Second Unit
OH MAN!!!!!!! FLASHBACK!!
i also was into Queensryche from the EP to Empire. i saw them live after all these years in Phoenix last year opening for Iron Maiden on Maiden's Brave New World tour. it was a great show! this would be fantastic to have this on dvd. NM 156 is possibly the first track!?! very cool since that's one of my favorite Queensryche tunes. :)
------------------
Patrick

Sean_B

Stunt Coordinator
I went to Best Buy today and they said that it wouldn't be out till the 30th. I don't believe this as Queensryche's official website that it was released on the 8th. I always look around in their shopping carts with the media that is to be stocked on the shelf but didn't find it there or on the shelves.
frown.gif

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
James,
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person out there who really dug Q2K. :)
I'll keep my eyes open for this one. Rush DVD on Tuesday too!!!
Another note for 80's Metal Fans. . .the SOD disk, Kill Yourself: The Movie, is a hoot! (Although to see the concert footage you have to put it in a DVD-ROM to get a code or something - I haven't bothered yet.)
I'd love to see a DVD release of the Live After Death show. . .I have the Maiden disc where they're performing with that magician, which is a riot.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Picked this disc up yesterday, and have mixed feelings about it.
While it is a solid DVD from an audio and video perspective, I think this is one case in which the bonus features somehow bring down the overall quality of the disc. It was painful to watch the "behind the scenes" footage and band interviews. The interviews and behind the scenes footage almost had a Spinal Tap feel and absurdity to them, which I don't think was intended. Geoff Tate stopped just short of apologizing for everything after Empire by saying that while he thought they were quality albums, the problem was that society's tastes were not aligned with their music anymore (kind of like Ian Faith saying that Spinal Tap's popularity was not waning but rather their appeal was becoming more selective).
The guy that replaced DeGarmo seems to have few brain cells left.
There wasn't much excitement in the performance, but like I said, the picture and sound were pretty good. While Queensryche claims that other albums are in the works (they have a new contract with an unheard-of label), I think their best days are long past.
------------------
Home Theater Pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks