Anyone have experiences with reliableaudiovideo.com or amdv.com?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle_Y, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Kyle_Y

Kyle_Y Stunt Coordinator

I'm thinking about buying an AV receiver from one of these two companies. Has anyone had experiences with them? Good, bad? Has anyone received a defective product from one of these retailers? How have they delt with it? Fast reacting? How is there service?

2. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

I've used reliableaudiovideo.com several times and have had nothing but very positive experiences. I bought my Pioneer Elite DV-37 there, and got a call from the company the day after I bought it to confirm my order. The person I spoke to (Ray) was very, very helpful. In fact, we got into a discussion about dedicated home theaters and he gave me some very good advice about some things we were discussing. I also appreciated the call to confirm the order. Note that if you end up buying from this company, they ask you during the online checkout process for the phone number of your credit card company (if you're paying by credit card). This threw me at first, but I believe it's used as a measure to make sure the card is valid.

I also got my Pronto TSU2000 from them. I will say that there was a mixup initially, and they didn't send my order on time. They apologized profoundly and shipped it for free to make up for their error.

On Thanksgiving I helped a relative buy a Christmas gift from them (another TSU2000), so obviously this should tell you I feel positive enough about my experiences to recommend them to friends and relatives.

I hope this helps and good luck!

3. Leo A. Chimo

Leo A. Chimo Agent

I used Reliable to buy my Energy 5.2 speaker system. I had to wait awhile to get the product, but I bought it when they were out of stock. I would use them again.