What's new

Anyone have experience with this crossover? (1 Viewer)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Behringer is a low-end pro-audio brand. Like most of their products, the 3400 probably isn’t clean enough to use with the main channels. However, for a low-pass filter it will work nice, considering the excellent Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/octave slopes.
According to Behringer’s website, it only has XLR connections, an obstacle to be dealt with.
What is the price? If it is over $300, you would be better off with an AudioControl PCA III, which is clean enough to use on the main channels.
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

BruceD

Screenwriter
I agree and own a Marchand XM9L that I use with Dynaudio contour 2.8 towers to xover at 60Hz. It uses 24dB slope Linkwitz-Riley xovers for both high-pass and low-pass with an level controls for both stereo channels, a level control for the exact xover frequency (called a damping control) and a bass sum switch ( combining L&R bass into a single output).
I hear no degredation in sound quality and the noise floor is very good (audiophile quality).
www.marchandelec.com

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Thanks for replies.
Wayne:
Price of Behringer is only $220 locally, I will look into the AudioControl piece you reference. Unfortunately, this will be for my mains. Isn't the XLR issue easily solved with the Radio Shack adapters? And what do you mean by "clean enough"?
Johan & Bruce:
The Marchand looks very nice, but at $800, it's out of my price range at the moment.
Rich B.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks