Anyone have experience with the IXOS 175AV 6 RCA Interconnect?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JamesY, Aug 21, 2002.

1. JamesY

JamesY Stunt Coordinator

Don't want this to turn into a "which cable is better" discussion, but this interconnect provides an interesting "6-in-1" connection for multichannel audio. It's found on IXOS' site, under "Home Theater Cables" if you follow this link:
    IXOS Cables
    Common sense tells me to go with individual RCA's for DVD-Audio and SACD (I am getting both), but it's selling at accesories4less.com for a reasonable price ($55 for 1m), and it appears to be a decent and well constructed interconnect. Any thoughts or experiences?
    I've looked at AudioQuest Sidewinders, Bettercables, CatCables, and Tributaries, but when you have to buy anywhere from 6 to ultimately 24 of these cables to support both formats, costs get pretty high. Unfortunately, I can't really demo my candidates, and from previous experiences I'm not a big fan of RatShack, Monster, or AR cables. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

2. Luis C

Luis C Stunt Coordinator

The IXOS are ok... Monster and CatCables are about the same... better are the Tributaries and I would give the nod to AudioQuest and BetterCables... I am currently using the BetterCables. Replaced AudioQuest with BetterCables and have found them of exceptional quality and a great value for the level of performance they provide which is top-notch...

3. Luis C

Luis C Stunt Coordinator

BTW,

BetterCables has a 30-day money back policy...

4. JamesY

JamesY Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for your suggestions, I think I'm going to go for some Audioquest Sidewinders for now...