What's new

Anyone have experience with the IXOS 175AV 6 RCA Interconnect? (1 Viewer)

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
Don't want this to turn into a "which cable is better" discussion, but this interconnect provides an interesting "6-in-1" connection for multichannel audio. It's found on IXOS' site, under "Home Theater Cables" if you follow this link:
IXOS Cables
Common sense tells me to go with individual RCA's for DVD-Audio and SACD (I am getting both), but it's selling at accesories4less.com for a reasonable price ($55 for 1m), and it appears to be a decent and well constructed interconnect. Any thoughts or experiences?
I've looked at AudioQuest Sidewinders, Bettercables, CatCables, and Tributaries, but when you have to buy anywhere from 6 to ultimately 24 of these cables to support both formats, costs get pretty high. Unfortunately, I can't really demo my candidates, and from previous experiences I'm not a big fan of RatShack, Monster, or AR cables. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Luis C

Stunt Coordinator
The IXOS are ok... Monster and CatCables are about the same... better are the Tributaries and I would give the nod to AudioQuest and BetterCables... I am currently using the BetterCables. Replaced AudioQuest with BetterCables and have found them of exceptional quality and a great value for the level of performance they provide which is top-notch...

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your suggestions, I think I'm going to go for some Audioquest Sidewinders for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks