Anyone have experience with STR-DA1ES or DA2ES

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian_Tho, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Brian_Tho

Brian_Tho Stunt Coordinator

How would you rate these two models. If you own one what are your impressions.

2. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I am also looking at the da2es. I think the da1 is 5.1? I am not sure but the da2 is 6.1. Any feedback would be appreciated here as well[​IMG]

3. Craig_Kg

Craig_Kg Supporting Actor

I have our equivalant to the DA2AES (STR-DB1080). This is indeed 6.1 with DD-EX, dts-ES matrix and discrete plus all the other usual formats (listed on the Crutchfield site). I find it very good and perfectly suited to my needs. I have had no problems with hiss or crosstalk. I do run the front speakers through a stereo preamp and outboard amp so I don't have any issues with the power of the unit or its sound with stereo.

I love the adjustability (bass management, equalisation) of this unit. Unfortunately, the remote is not learning so you are limited to the devices it knows about (which is quite a lot) for controlling the rest of your HT system.

The DA1ES (STR-DB780) seems identical except that it is only 5.1 and the receiver display is LED bars (like the DE series) instead of LED dots.