What's new

Anyone have experience with Pioneer Elite VSX-33TX? (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I've had a VSX-33TX for a few months and have noticed the sound dropping out from time to time on DTS tracks. Had anyone else had these problems? I'd like to know if it's something common with certain receivers, or just this one, or if just mine.
I don't want to beleive that this is a crap receiver cause my previous, cheaper one didn't have any troubles.
------------------

Samson

Stunt Coordinator
I have this receiver and I have no problems with this receiver. I haven't had any problems playing DTS movies. I love this receiver.
I was able to audition an Onkyo 696 or 787 and it couldn't compare to the Pioneer Elite 33tx. The Pioneer had a much warmer and fuller sound.

Earnest O. McLain

Auditioning
Check Pioneers website, there is a known problem with the 33 and the 35. Don't remember what the problem was just that there was a problem.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
There was a problem with the power supply that would cause the unit to turn off. Mine is a newer unit that does not have this problem.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks