Anyone have experience with Pioneer Elite VSX-33TX?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Graeme Clark, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I've had a VSX-33TX for a few months and have noticed the sound dropping out from time to time on DTS tracks. Had anyone else had these problems? I'd like to know if it's something common with certain receivers, or just this one, or if just mine.
    I don't want to beleive that this is a crap receiver cause my previous, cheaper one didn't have any troubles.
    ------------------

2. Samson

Samson Stunt Coordinator

I have this receiver and I have no problems with this receiver. I haven't had any problems playing DTS movies. I love this receiver.
    I was able to audition an Onkyo 696 or 787 and it couldn't compare to the Pioneer Elite 33tx. The Pioneer had a much warmer and fuller sound.

3. Earnest O. McLain

Earnest O. McLain Auditioning

Check Pioneers website, there is a known problem with the 33 and the 35. Don't remember what the problem was just that there was a problem.

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

There was a problem with the power supply that would cause the unit to turn off. Mine is a newer unit that does not have this problem.
    ------------------