Anyone have experience with Arcam recievers?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Wayne Gordon, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Wayne Gordon

Wayne Gordon Auditioning

any experience with the Arcam avr100 or 200 any opinions thanks

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Personally, no. However as a point of interest, the 100 is known to be sourced from overseas...China or somewhere else I don't know. Not sure about the 200 but my guess would be it is also. Doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it, but an informed consumer...and all that jazz [​IMG]

3. FrankHW

FrankHW Agent

I have the AVR100 and absolutely love it. I was all set to buy the Denon 3802 until I heard the two receivers head-to-head. The Arcam totally outshined the Denon with music, so much so to the point that I couldn't justify buying the Denon even with its better feature set (component switching, 7.1, DPL2).

The only caveat is that in a large room, you might find the Arcam having trouble driving 4/6-ohm loads. I've just added a 3-channel amp for that reason, but in our old apartment the Arcam rocked.

4. KrishnaP

KrishnaP Extra

Are there any online stores that sell ARCAM products?

5. FrankHW

FrankHW Agent

I don't know of any on-line dealers like onecall.com or audio advisor, because I suspect Arcam (like Sunfire and many other companies) supports brick & mortar dealers. However, if you're too far from a dealer (you can find one at ASL Group/Audiophile Systems in the US or Emerald Audio Resources in Canada), I'm sure some will do mail order.