Anyone have defective Street Fighter :The Movie DVD's?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jared Reich, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Jared Reich

Jared Reich Stunt Coordinator

I've gone through three copies of Street Fighter: The Movie from three different stores and they all do not play on five different brands of dvd players I own and some my friends own. It also will not play in my PC.

Any help would be appreciated

2. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

This is hillarious, I thought I was the only one too. I went through two copies before I finally got one that works. This seems like a case of disc rot or maybe bad pressing all around. You know I used to hate this movie but for 10 bucks I gave it another chance and it's actually pretty good. I contacted Universal and they'll send you a new copy provided you wait for 6 weeks. What I did was send it back through Suncoast and eventually they got a new shipment.

3. Jared Reich

cool. I already returned mine though. Ill wait for the store sto get new shipments I guess.

Nice little dvd with tons of features.

4. Travis_W

Yeah I never dreamt of buying it but I saw it for 10 bucks and I was like heck I already have most of the video game movies why not this one. The only one I refuse to buy is the beyond awful Wing Commander flick.

5. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

And they're making a sequel to the film.... how cool is that - it will be called StreetFighter II! [​IMG]

Personally I'm looking forward to it. (Though I know most people aren't).

6. Travis_W

Heard about that, want to see it but I don't know if that kind of film will fly today.

7. Jared Reich

Games aren't as popular as thye were for the franchise when the movie hit.

8. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

9. Jared Reich

They should recall all these defective discs.

10. James Reader

Why does everyone keep asking if I'm serious about the Streetfighter II sequel? When you consider some of the films that get sequels these days it's really no biggie. I expect it will be DTV, but reports are it will get a theatrical release.

Anyhow from http://www.vandammefan.com

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 8, 2003

VAN DAMME TO STAR IN STREETFIGHTER SEQUEL?

Thanks to Val who posted this story at the forum. Click HERE to visit Moviewhole.net.

Jean-Claude Van Damme in Street Fighter 2?
    Tuesday, April 8, 2003 7:04 CDT

The Herald Sun reports, via Moviehole, that plans are underway for Jean-Claude Van Damme to star in the follow-up to 1994's Street Fighter, based on the populer game.

The Muscles from Brussels has been in talks with talent all week, hoping to lock in an ensemble soon.

Australian singer, Holly Valance, has been in talks with Van Damme this week about co-starring in the movie. She would replace fellow singer, Kylie Minogue, who starred in the original. Van Damme is said to have been impressed by Valance - who can apparently kickbox - but according to The Herald Sun the filmmmakers will still be auditioning other actors up until the last minute.

The original film was based on the classic video game, with Van Damme in the lead role and Raul Julia playing the film's main villain.

It's not yet known whether "Streetfighter 2" will be filmed in Australia - as the first one was - but it is projected that it'll get a theatrical release.

-----------------------------------------------------------

as for the disc of the first film, I've had no problems with mine.

11. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Why would anyone make a sequel to a movie that will be ten years old by the time it hits and was both a complete flop and a critical failure?

12. James Reader

Becuase in that 10 years, it has become a... cult classic? with a large enough audience thanks to home video and television showings. I must admit, I'm doubtful it will be anything but DTV though.

Hopefully the makers realise why it has found a such an audience and don't think it's because they produced an epic action-adventure movie in the first place. That said, making the sequel deliberately campy may ruin it's appeal too. It's a fine line to tread.

The original is not a "bad" bad film, it's just a film that does what it implies it will. In addition it has a bit of a campy feel to it and ultimately it succeeds or fails on the audience's original expectations.

I'd rather have a Street Figher sequel than a sequel to most of the other bilge Van Damme and his like stars in.

It's a "Gulity Pleasure" as we like to say around here.

13. dustinW

dustinW Stunt Coordinator

i just looked at my street fighter due to this post....It was also defective, granted i only paid 6 bucks i am still bumed.....Does anyone know what website or a phone number to contact to get a new one, even though it takes 6 weeks[​IMG]

thanks, dustin

14. Travis_W

The Digital Bits has an e-mail address for Universal in their Surf the Links section. This must have been a REALLY bad pressing.

15. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Street Fighter 2 won't be worth seeing w/o Raul Julia... he was the only thing that made the first version bearable.

16. dustinW

dustinW Stunt Coordinator

yeah that is where i got mine...

but

the 5.88 ones are broken just as much as the 10 dollar ones...so i suggest being cautious when purchasing this

17. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

18. James Reader

19. Jared Reich

Anyone know if ANY of the Street Fighter: The Movie DVD's in stores are in working condition. I see three in the bin at walmart.