1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Have Boston VR975's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Madalena, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

I went to my local Boston dealer over the weekend because they were having a big sale. I needed a new sub so I thought I'd see if they had any deals. My wife went w/me to "keep me honest" but that went out the window when I saw a pair of VR975's on sale for 600.00 off. She knows I've been agonizing about my 12 year old M&K sub and chimed in with, "Hey that's a great deal. We should buy those so you can get your big sub and I can have the current speakers for upstairs."
    As I collected my jaw from the floor, we auditioned them and decided to bring them home.
    Any thoughts from happy owners? They replaced a pair of VR950's which I was happy with, but as I said my 10 year old VX7 is on it's last leg. So I'm overwhelmed with all of this new low end.
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

I have always enjoyed Boston Acoustics speakers...even their $60 computer speakers are excellent. I think you should be happy with them.
    How much are you willing to spend for an external sub?

3. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

I use the VR12 Center and VR500 Subs (x2) with Tannoy L/R and Surrounds and love them...the VR's are warm and punchy. I thought the VR Surrounds were a little week for DDigital. But overall I'm happy with what I have...
    My .02...