Anyone Have Boston VR975's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Madalena, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

I went to my local Boston dealer over the weekend because they were having a big sale. I needed a new sub so I thought I'd see if they had any deals. My wife went w/me to "keep me honest" but that went out the window when I saw a pair of VR975's on sale for 600.00 off. She knows I've been agonizing about my 12 year old M&K sub and chimed in with, "Hey that's a great deal. We should buy those so you can get your big sub and I can have the current speakers for upstairs."
    As I collected my jaw from the floor, we auditioned them and decided to bring them home.
    Any thoughts from happy owners? They replaced a pair of VR950's which I was happy with, but as I said my 10 year old VX7 is on it's last leg. So I'm overwhelmed with all of this new low end.
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

I have always enjoyed Boston Acoustics speakers...even their $60 computer speakers are excellent. I think you should be happy with them.
    How much are you willing to spend for an external sub?

3. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

I use the VR12 Center and VR500 Subs (x2) with Tannoy L/R and Surrounds and love them...the VR's are warm and punchy. I thought the VR Surrounds were a little week for DDigital. But overall I'm happy with what I have...
    My .02...