Anyone have bass shakers in their home theater seats?

king

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arvi
I am ordering some new seats and one option is the bass shakers. Just wondering if anyone has them. Is this a waste of money or a nice to have option? I've seen them in a couple of furniture stores, but no one actually has them hooked up. I definately want the power recline feature though!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My buddy had them even though he had a crazy DIY sub... It really does add to the whole mix IMO. You can get them really cheap and just power them with a fairly cheap amp or old receiver.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Shakers have been a part of my system for over 5 years. Friends who've experienced my system have them also. 'nuff said........

Really, shakers are perhaps the least expensive upgrade to a system and may probably be the greatest return in enjoyment per dollar invested than any other piece of equipment you may have........

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
I have a friend who put 4 bass shakers under his floor in the middle of the room. Quit an experience!!

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I have had them since '98 in our first HT sofa. Today, our recliners have one Pro each. Like everybody says, it adds another dimension to the overall experience of movie watching. Of course some would say Buttkickers r the way to go but only if u have extra cash lying around I guess.

HT-EXT

Agent
Real Name
Joe Eaton
Sorry for the late reply but I am new to the forum. I have used a variety of shakers from baseline AURAs to BUTTKICKER LFE(MY FAVORITE). If I was just starting out my pick (bang for the buck) would be the AURA PROs. Right now they are on sale for $30 ea.(Parts Express) and should only take a 150w to 200w plate amp to run (two per recliner). The Clark's are a good choice if you are on an elevated floor (not concrete). But for all out shake your bolts loose the BUTTKICKER LFE WILL SHAKE YOUR EYEBALLS OUT! Don't let the big power rating scare you off it only takes about 200w/300w to shake the whole recliner (one per recliner). If I can help you with any info please let me know.

HT-EXT

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druiz23