anyone have bad luck with a refurb from harmanaudio?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Petty, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Lee Petty

Lee Petty Stunt Coordinator

im looking at the avr320 and they have it there refurbished for only $400. just wondering if anyone has had "bad" luck with their refurbs, and exactly what is the position on the warranty (same as new unit, limited time warranty, no warranty?).

2. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

I bought a refurbed HK 5-disc CD player (can't remember the model), it died after 20 days (covered by warranty, in shop for 3 weeks), then died again after 6 months (not covered - into the trash).

Granted, CD players have more moving parts, but I'm now skeptical of any refurbed with a 90 day warranty.

Good Luck

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I bought a refurbished HK citation 23 tuner through audioclassics.com about 4 years ago. recently the LED screen went so I think a lightbulb might have died but I've had good luck with it and no complaints here. I think the warrentee is the same as new but then I didn't buy directly form Harmon but from a third party. You'd be better off to ask them before purchase.

Jay

4. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

I purchased a DVD-50 refurb from HK and when I hooked it all up it would lockup on DVD's, it would also lockup with normal music CD's. I tried everything and every type of format and the thing would lockup with all of it.

5. Matt Parnell

Matt Parnell Agent

I bought a Signature 2.0 Pre/Pro and Signature 2.1 Amp from them over the summer.

The Signature 2.1 died on me after 24 hours, but they were very helpful, and even advance-shipped me a new one UPS overnight (must have cost them a bundle, the thing is quite heavy). They also included a call tag, so it cost me nothing more than a bit of hassle.

Both items have been working flawlessly for several months now, and I expect them to last a long time.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied. I got $3,500 worth of gear for just over $1,000.