1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have any info about Re-Animator?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott-S, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    Howdy,
    I was wondering if anyone had any information about any special editions in the works for Re-Animator? I have seen a few places that still have the original DVD in stock, but was hoping that if I waited around long enough, there would be a new version (not mono!).

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Scott,
    I doubt that we'll see another SE of Re-Animator anytime soon - Image just re-released their edition which is pretty good. You get two commentaries and about 20 minutes of additional footage as extras. About the only extras that could be added to a new edition would be a making-of documentary, but we've seen all that before. I'd say go ahead and pick it up!
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    "Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
    "Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"

3. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

I've read somewhere that the deal between Elite & Anchor Bay fell through which is why Elite decided to re-release their version of Re-Animator. I don't know if this is true but I decided to finally order this on DVD from DVDPlanet for $15.99. I just couldn't wait any longer!

4. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    Thanks, Guess I will buy the current one.

5. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

If Anchor Bay ever releases Re-Animator to DVD, it won't be till 2003 or later. As for now, you can pick up the Elite edition which is pretty good.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    DVD In Detail - DVD Reviewer
    My DVD Collection / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
    "I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."