Anyone have any experience with the Yamaha YSP-800 and the YST-FSW100?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Dennis-hp, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Dennis-hp

Dennis-hp Agent

Jan 11, 2006
    I'm intrigued by these new products from Yamaha. I am planning to purchase a Plasma or large LCD for our living room and do not want to spread speakers and wires throughout that room and want to eliminate some of the components I currently have in my HT setup. I do not require audiophile quality sound from my home theater system but want to have clear audio for dialog and some bass for the action sequences.

These new components offered by Yamaha appear to offer everything I want in my home theater situation. YSP-800 speaker array can be wall mounted under the flatscreen and has a built in amp which eliminates the need for the separate AV receiver. The YSP-800 has input for digital audio and an output for a small sub (YST-FSW100) which I can place against the wall near the TV. This would reduce my electronics HT separates to a satellite receiver and DVD player/recorder. I realize that the mid range offered by such a set up would be lacking...but for my viewing and listening seems a fair trade off. The reviews I've read about the YSP-800 give the one piece speaker array decent marks for the pseudo surround effects too and a well defined sound stage.

Has anyone here had the opportunity to listen to these speakers or have any experience with them.

Any feedback you be greatly appreciated
  2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jun 3, 1999
    Dennis, please note that the Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level. For hardware-specific discussion, please go to the appropriate section (in this case, Speakers/Subs). Now, enjoy HTF!