What's new

Anyone have any DVD's they've had autographed that they wanna tell about? (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Signed on front cover, unless noted otherwise:
-Brian's Song signed by Billy Dee Williams
-2001 signed by Gary Lockwood
-The 4th Man and Soldier of Orange signed by Jeroen Krabbé
-Almost Famous signed by Jimmy Fallon
-American Psycho signed by Christian Bale and Justin Theroux
-Mulholland Drive signed by Justin Theroux
-Christmas Vacation, Caddyshack and Spies Like Us signed by Chevy Chase
-Escape From Alcatraz signed by Clint Eastwood
-Evil Dead 2 signed by Bruce Campbell
-Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, and Anthology insert, all signed by Roy E. Disney
-The Good, The Bad and the Ugly signed by Eli Wallach (as himself and as Tuco)
-Gremlins Special Edition signed by Zach Galligan
-He Said She Said signed by the 2 directors and the writer
-Ladyhawke and You Can Count on Me signed by Matthew Broderick
-The Matrix signed by Laurence Fishburne
-Twilight Zone #1 and Out Of Africa signed by Robert Redford
-Princess Bride signed by Cary Elwes
-Shadow of the Vampire signed by Eddie Izzard and Cary Elwes
-Psycho signed by Janet Leigh (on the back)
-Simpsons Season 1 and This is Spinal Tap signed by Harry Shearer
-Requiem For A Dream and The Waking Dead signed by Jennifer Connelly
-Young Guns signed by Kiefer Sutherland
I think that's it. Most of them I got in-person. Some are signed 'to (me)' and some with just their names. Escape from Alcatraz is signed to my brother (still my DVD, heheh ;) ).
Most of them are scanned and on my DVD list in my signature.

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
I have The Mummy signed by Steven Sommers, Brendad Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah, Arnold Vosloo, Oded Fehr and Patricia Velasquez.
Also - The World is Not Enough signed by Michael Apted
Tarzan signed by director Kevin Lima
Erin Brockovich signed by Albert Finney
And... Star Wars: Phantom Menace signed by Rick McCallum and...George Lucas!
Great to have friends who work in the movies!

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
In Melbourne, Australia here. I haven't actually had anything signed myself, but there are 3 occassions where my friends have.

#1 - went to a fair at my old school and saw Geoffrey Rush standing around (apparently his kid now goes there). My friend called his dad, who then raced over and asked Mr.Rush to sign their Quills DVD.

#2 - i work at a cinema, and a few months ago Guy Pearce was in to promote a new movie. One of my co-worker/friends knew he was coming in that night, and after seeing him standing around, pulled out the Memento: LE DVD and got Mr.Pearce to sign.
It's very cool - reads as "Dear Daniel, DON'T FORGET. Guy Pearce."

#3 - Matt Damon came in to our cinema to promote Bourne Identity, my friend got him to sign the Good Will Hunting DVD. He had brought a blue texta pen to sign over the black bits on the cover, but Mr.Damon used someone else's black pen, making his signature hard to read. So my friend ran further up the line and got Mr.Damon to sign it again - this time on the back cover!
Best of all, another friend pulled out his mobile phone and got Matt Damon to sign it, LOL!!!

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
"A Better Place" signed by Vincent Pereira.

Funny thing is that the certificate of authenticity is signed by Kevin Smith and Pereiera! So I guess I have both.

GaryEA

Second Unit
While attending a Chiller con a year ago, I asked Andrew "Andy" Robinson to sign my copy of "Dirty Harry". He even put "Scorpio" under his signature.
He was a really nice and we got to talk for a few minutes about life since DS9. The con was okay, but our chat made my day. :)
-g

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have my copy of X-Men signed by Bryan Singer and Stan Lee. I also have a signed copy of Rear Window by Robert Harris.

Parker

Ok, It's hard to admit having this dvd, .... but.... I have Dungeons and Dragons autographed by Dave Arneson ( co-creator of the game )

I met Gunar Hansen (Leatherface) at a haunted house in ohio. He signed my Texas Chainsaw Massacre dvd on the disc and on the paper under the plastic. He was very nice, which was weird seeing as how i'd only seen him kill people before.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Not DVD, but I have Our Man Flint and In Like Flint VHSes signed by the late great James Coburn. Also have a CD of the Phantom of the Paradise signed by Paul Williams.

Sam R. Aucoin

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased the "special edition" version of 2001: A Space Odyssey and took a chance (no, I am not at liberty to reveal their addresses - I was told others had to find them for themselves) and sent it to them with the request that they sign it as it appears below:

"Where the hell did you get that idea, Hal?"
Dave Bowman - Keir Dullea 8/13/01

"Well, it's exactly like being asleep - you have absolutely no sense of time. The only difference is that you don't dream."
Frank Poole - Gary Lockwood 9/12/01

The above quotes, character names, and actor's names are all written by the actors themselves.

Pretty cool . . .

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
I've gotten my Jurassic Park Trilogy Box Set autographed by Stan Winston.
And while this wasn't a DVD, I just HAVE to tell you about it:
I got a LOTR poster autographed by:
Elijah Wood
Richard Taylor
Billy Boyd
Dominic Monagahn
Lawrence Makroe (Lurtz)
Sala Baker (Sauron)
Daniel Falconer (Designer)
It's hanging up in my HT. :D

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Great thread!!!
I had the great fortune of getting two DVDs signed at the 2002 Toronto Film Festival back in September.
1) I got Gus Van Sant to sign my Good Will Hunting DVD.
2) The other is now my most prized DVD. I still get giddy knowing that it's on my shelf, and SIGNED! What disk am I refering to? Criterion's Brazil, and it's signed by Terry Gilliam!!! YAHOO! :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup:

John H Ross

Screenwriter
Clive Barker signed my "Lord Of Illusions" in Liverpool (England) a few years ago. He was particularly impressed that I had it too, cos the film hadn't been released theatrically over here at that point!

John

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
OK... so this is not the actual dvd but...

I was lucky enough to win Anchor Bay's contest when Evil Dead: Book of the dead came out... I won:

A large framed 3-D art of the Book of the Dead cover next to it is a piece of paper designed to look like on of the pages signed by:
Bruce Campbell
Ellen Sandweiss
Hal Delrich
Betsy Baker
Sarah York

and then on a long skinny piece of paper under those two it is signed by artist Tom Sullivan who created the look of Book of the dead.

There is only 26 of these in existence of which 22 went to cast and crew and 4 went out to fans in the contest. mine says its #5 out of 26.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Clerks: The Animated Series

all signed by Kevin Smith, Walt Flanagan, and Bryan Johnson at the MegaCon in Orlando (March, 2001).

I don't own Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back hadn't been released yet. Actually, it was out the next week. I missed it by 3 days.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I'm surprised I'm the first one here to post it since a bunch of HTF'ers got their discs signed at a Fox Studios event:
X-Men - Bryan Singer
Ditto, and only Parker mentioned it as well. I know of at least 50 people who have it signed. My X-Men DVD is also signed by Stan Lee and Peter Staddon.
The only other priceless artifact I have is a DVD of Save The Last Dance signed by the lovely Miss Julia Stiles (on the cover).
Non-DVD, I have a Leonard Maltin Movie Guide signed by Mr. Maltin in 2000, and a Victoria Film Festival program signed by every filmmaker, actor and producer I could find at the festival (roughly 20 or so signatures), and I'm sure they'll remember me at this year's festival as "that guy who kept getting everyone to sign his used program". :)
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks