What's new

Anyone have any DVD's they've had autographed that they wanna tell about? (1 Viewer)

Gary_O

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious if anyone has ever met a director or actor and had them to autograph a DVD? share with us the movie and who you had to sign it for you

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
My Battlestar Galactica DVD is autographed by virtually the entire cast of the TV show (OK, someof them weren't in the pilot ;)
It is autographed by
Richard Hatch
Dirk Benedict
Anne Lockhart
Herb Jefferson Jr.
Jack Stauffer
John Colicos
All I'm missing is Lorne Green(guess I'm not getting that one :) ), Terry Carter, Laurette Spang(I've met both Terry and Laurette, but not since before the DVD came out) and Noah Hathaway.
My Chasing Amy Criterion is autographed by Kevin Smith, Walt and Steve-Dave.
My Cowboy Bebop DVDs are signed by Toshihiro Kawamoto(character designer) and my Macross DVD set is signed by Noburo Ishiguro(Director)

Guy Martin

Second Unit
My copy of LA Confidential was signed with a particularly amusing note by James Ellroy when he gave a lecture at my school. My Rush Hour 2 DVD was signed by Brett Ratner at a Dave's video signing. Robert Evans signed my copy of Chinatown after the IFP screening of The Kid Stays in the Picture. Guillermo Del Toro signed my copy of Devil's Backbone at another Dave's event. He even drew a little picture of the bomb stuck in the courtyard next to his signature. He also signed my copy of the Blade 2 soundtrack (this was before the DVD came out) and drew a caricature of Wesley Snipes on it.
- Guy

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
My Japanese import LD of Picnic at Hanging Rock was signed by Peter Weir when he appeared at the Seattle Cinerama for a screening of FEARLESS during the Seattle International Film Festival's tribute to Mr. Weir a few years back.

edited for freudian slip

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
My Japanese import LD of Heavenly Creatures was signed by Peter Weir when he appeared at the Seattle Cinerama for a screening of FEARLESS during the Seattle International Film Festival's tribute to Mr. Weir a few years back.
How did Mr. Weir react to being presented with a copy of Heavenly Creatures?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I've been lucky enough to get a number of DVDs and LDs signed by various individuals in person. Let's see how many I can recall having:
Jonathan Demme - Silence of the Lambs Criterion DVD & Talking Heads DVD
Michael Tolkin - The Player Criterion LD
Darren Aronofsky - Pi DVD
Bret Easton Ellis, Mary Harron, Guinevere Turner - American Psycho DVD.
Irvine Welsh - Trainspotting Criterion LD
Chris Meloni - Wet Hot American Summer DVD
John Waters - Cecil B. Demented
Stephen Lack - Scanners DVD
Chuck Palahniuk - Fight Club DVD
Albert Maysles - Gimme Shelter Criterion DVD
I might be forgetting some.
Oh, and also 1 VHS: Jack Black - Neverending Story III.
I've also got a number of LDs that came autographed, like Hellraiser by Clive Barker and Phantasm by Don Coscarelli and Angus Scrimm.
DJ

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had Francis Ford Coppola sign my Patton DVD (this was before the Godfather came out).

dave wright

Agent
Real Name
Dave Wright
i have a few--
THE BIRDS-signed by tippi hedren,rod taylor and veronica cartwright
THE BIG LEBOWSKI-jeff bridges
THE EXORCIST-linda blair
WILLIE WONKA-ALL the kids!(they were at the chiller convention in nj)
PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE-conrad brooks
BLOOD FEAST-david freidman
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD-judith odea
O BROTHER WHERE ART THO?--dvd & cd tim blake nelson,chris king,joel coen,gillian welch,emmylou harris,ralph stanley,t bone burnett,the whites--from the ny carnigie hall concert
----------dave from jersey

Tom Oh

Second Unit
GREEN MILE and SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION signed by Frank Darabont. I got it signed at Dave's Video in LA:frowning:

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I have "The Usual Suspects" signed by Kevin Pollak. I also have a Gloria Gaynor concert DVD signed by Gloria Gaynor. That was given to me, and I have yet to watch it.

-Jay

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
Doctor Who: The Ark in Space (Region 2) signed by the Doctor himself, Tom Baker, at a signing a few months ago.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'd love to share stories of my autograph experiences, however living in a town that sees virtually NO action as far as stars and directors go :frowning:, the best I can come up with is my copy of Titanic signed by TITANIC historians Jack Eaton and Charles Haas when I met them at a Titanic exhibit and screening of the film in Jersey City last April.
That's not to say i'm not proud of that, I feel very fortunate to have met and spoken with two guys who actually dove down and saw TITANIC in person. I also knew them well from their book and seeing them for years in documentaries.
I envy all of you that have Kevin Smith's scribe on your discs, i'd also kill for that Don Coscarelli and Angus Scrimm scribe. Scrimm is such a sweet guy, it's hard to believe he can play such an evil spectar as the Tall Man, but that's acting I guess.
"You play a good game BOOYYY!!!"

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I had Bruce Campbell autograph my copy of Running Time when I got to meet him this past summer. He commented that he doesn't see many of them.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I don't have anything signed... not many celebs make it up this far north. But, I'm curious.. when you have a celeb sign a DVD.. what part are you having them sign? The keepcase, the cover insert, the disk itself?

I would think the cover insert would be the most "displayable" while the disk itself would be the most "durable".

Just curious.

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
On DVD I have...
Clerks : signed by Kevin Smith
Chairman of the Board : signed by Carrot Top

On LD I have...
Jason Goes To Hell : signed by Kane Hodder
Wishmaster : signed By Kane Hodder
Let It Ride : signed by Jennifer Tilly
Liar, Liar : signed by Jennifer Tilly
Moving Violations : signed by Jennifer Tilly
Phantasam : Don Coscarelli and Angus Scrimm
Hellraiser : Clive Barker

I think thats about it, I`ve stoped asking autographs now.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Even back in my baseball card days I was never into autograph collecting but I do have 1 DVD. I'm surprised I'm the first one here to post it since a bunch of HTF'ers got their discs signed at a Fox Studios event:

X-Men - Bryan Singer

He signed the inner keepcase, not the slip cover.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I too had my Green Mile DVD signed by Mr. Darabont at Dave's. However it isn't the signing so much as the fact that I met him and had a nice little conversation as one Stephen King fan to another (about the potential of The Dark Tower books ever being made into movies). That conversation was one I won't ever forget! (and it wasn't even that long) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks