What's new

Anyone have any clue about Three Colors trilogy from Miramax? (1 Viewer)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I am really tempted to order the Malata player myself (thanks to the R2 Truffaut, Bergman and Kieslowski releases). I am not holding my breath for the R1 Miramax release of the Three Colors Trilogy (what if Miramax botches the release a la Belle De Jour and gives us LD-rehashed non-anamorphic transfers ?).
Ted (this question probably belongs in the non-R1 forum), when you order from stores in the UK, do you have pay customs charges ? Is there any limit on the number of DVDs you can order at once ?

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
There aren't any customs charges for US deliveries; there's no limitation on quantities; most UK sellers remove the VAT tax for shipments to North America (the only exception to this that I'm aware of is Link Removed, who instead offer free shipping and better discounts than most).

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Yes, what Donald said.

I routinely order a dozen at a time from cinestore.com in France to save on the shipping (they charge a flat fee). They also remove the 18.5% VAT

Ted

Bill Hunt

Insider
Last time I talked to Miramax (a few weeks ago), they expected to have the R1 set of these films out by the end of the year. Just FYI.

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
Did your contact at Miramax say whether Miramax plans to exceed, equal, or fall short of the mark set by their treatment of Belle de Jour?

Nathan_H

Second Unit
Is the Bensonsworld site still offering free shipping for international orders? It's looking like they aren't, if I'm reading their web site right. (Most of my R2 discs are from them...)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Nathan

I just placed an order with them yesterday and it was free shipping.

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the way I asked the question was more likely to elicit a truthful answer, but I share your sentiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks