Anyone have and like the Dell Plasma TVs?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Lee Scoggins, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    These things are coming down to my humble budget range and the contrast ratio is good and they got a great review in Sound & Vision this month...

Anyone have experience with these?

Should I be worried about Dell from an after-sale service standpoint?

2. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Go over to the AVS Forum, there is a huge thread about that Dell. Many people have had a LOT of problems with it, especially loud buzzing.

Vince Maskeeper, a Moderator on HTF owns one and recently said he can't recommend it, IIRC.

3. ben pivar

ben pivar Extra

Hey Lee - I'm in the market for a plasma also. I'd consider waiting a few weeks as there's rumors of major price drops. I'm looking at the Pannasonics and the Pioneers, but am also considering DLP. We should get together and talk about it - been a long time since we've been in touch.

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    That would be great Ben. It has been a while. [​IMG] Been in San Francisco on business this week.

I am also looking at the Samsung DLPs.

5. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I actually saw one in person a few weeks back. While it all look "cool", the HD picture was lacking I think. It was still blochy with some visible pixelation. Maybe it was just me being too critical but I have been viewing HD on a 65" CRT as well as an 8 foot screen. Frankly, the HD picture on one of those cheaper Samsung EDTV plasmas looked better....