What's new

Anyone have an Onkyo 898... Question? (1 Viewer)

DaveV

Agent
I just bought one from Circuit City and it is a great amp but, whenever I hit the pure audio mode it also cuts off the subwoofer. Does anyone know of a setting that will fix this problem?
Thanks
Dave V

VinT

Agent
Yea I have one and it does that too. It is ideal for music with alot of vocals and not alot of bass. The sound field is amazing in this mode though, the music seems to just come out of the air.

If you want thumping bass switch it to stereo mode.

StephenL

Second Unit
From the manual:

Direct/Pure Audio
This mode delivers pure sound with minimum sound quality adjustment and filtration. The sound recorded for the right and left front channels is output to the right and left front speakers only and not output to the subwoofer.
Same as the direct mode except that the pure audio mode also turns off the display window, turns off the power supply to the video circuitry, and minimizes the sources of noise. The result is high-fidelity music playback true to the original source.

Stereo
This mode has all input sound is output from the left and right front speakers.
Subwoofer can also be used for playback.

Jay_E

Stunt Coordinator
and the left and right channels are output,as is, to the left and right speakers. Even for multichannel input signals, the sounds are not passed through the sound adjustment circuits.
If your main speakers are not full range then you probably will not be happy with the direct/pure setting.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks