Anyone have an Asus mobo with MYLOGO?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Vince Maskeeper, May 13, 2003.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

This is a neat feature which lets you edit the BIOS logo. I'd like to do this on mine- in the neverending quest to make it more like a standalone DVD player... but I noticed something I wondered if anyone could help me with.

The BIOS goes to the MY logo, and then goes back to POST info (various text on screen telling you what's loading, testing, etc.) and then to winxp splash. I've noticed that many other systems (Dell for example) can enable their logo to stay on screen until the win splash, and never display any of this text. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this for these ASUS boards?

I checked bios, but saw nothing that looked like what I was seeking.

Any thoughts?

2. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

Vince -

You may want to check out this site ABX (Asusboards) forum You can go crazy with all the hacks etc.. posted there.

Laters,
    Jeff

3. Bill Wise

Bill Wise Agent

Vince,

I'm going by memory, but it seems like there is a BIOS option called "Quick POST" or maybe "Silent POST" that is what your looking for. My recollection is that the description in the BIOS isn't indicative of the function.

Good Luck,

Bill

4. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I have an Asus P4266 ad it has that thingy, though I never got around to making my owm logo....

5. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

My Asus board (A7N8X Deluxe) has a "POST Complete Report" option under the "Advanced" section. You might try disabling that.