What's new

Anyone have a Sony STR-DA5ES? (1 Viewer)

Matt_Stuemky

Auditioning
Hi All,

I'm brand new to HT. I'm planning to buy my first A/V receiver sometime in the next few months. As with all major purchases, I'm taking my time and carefully evaluating various brands, including Sony, Denon, JVC, Onkyo, Pioneer, and Yamaha. My target is $800-$1200 for a "pro-sumer" receiver, and probably that same amount for speakers. (However, I don't want to discuss speakers here just yet!)

Now, regarding the STR-DA5ES, I haven't had any luck finding any reviews about it anywhere. That makes sense given that it's a new receiver. Can anyone provide a URL to any reviews? Also, I would think there's probably a few of you who have it. If so, any comments? Praises? Complaints?

Also, are the Sony ES models the only receivers that carry a five-year manufacturers warranty?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Matt.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Do a search in the main hardware forum. There are reviews, and I would say, based on those reviews, this is not the best receiver for the price.

I would HIGHLY recommend listening to Marantz, Denon, Onkyo first.

Welcome to the forum.

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,

I own the DA5ES and in my opinion it is one of, if not THE best receiver under a grand (it can be had for less than 1K

from an authorized dealer, Oade Bros).............

Excellent build quality

5 year ES warranty

geo

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
After going in circles for 7 days on info. Yes! the 5es has what you need. SVHS minor video pass problem.

But it has all the bells and whistles.

denon 3802

onkyo 898

Just what you want! All three should be ok at $750-$1100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks