Anyone have a Sony KV-34HS510?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by frankie, Jan 19, 2004.

1. frankie

frankie Auditioning

I just purchased a Sony KV-34HS510 34" 16x9 tv. So far, I am not happy with the picture. I think something may be wrong. I have standard cable and satellite. The picture is very grainy and pixelized. I use s video to connect. Anyone else have this problem?

2. John S

John S Producer

Does it look good on 480p from a DVD player?
    That is a top rated set by nearly everybody.

For SD make sure your sharpness and picture setting are good and turned down.

(I don't own this set though)

3. frankie

frankie Auditioning

Yea,

It look pretty good with dvd. But cable and sat are not good. Distorted. I turned down the picture and sharpness, and it got better, but not great. I hope hd hurries up!

question: If I hook up my dvd player directly to the tv with component video, can I then hook the optical audio directly to my receiver? I can't hook the component to my receiver, because it doesn't have an input for that. Thanks.

4. John S

John S Producer

Yes that is the way most on here would suggest hooking it up, even if you had component video switching on the AVR...

If you have not hooked your DVD player up by component video yet, boy are you sure in for a treat!!!

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

The HS510, which is a superb set, will simply magnify the flaws inherent to 480i standard-def programming material. Cable looks bad to begin with, and the Sony will reveal those flaws mercilessly. Don't judge the Sony's picture with anything less than a good 480p signal (i.e., a DVD being played in a prog-scan machine).