What's new

anyone have a problem w/audio drop outs w/denon3802? (1 Viewer)

jason celaya

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought this reciever online, on certain discs i am experienceing some occassional drop outs for a 1 sec duration (on specific parts of the disc). Is any one experiencing the same? Could it be the reciever?

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I've had my 3802 since early August and have not had anything at all like you describe, digital or analog.

Mike Sheahan

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my 3802 since early August, and haven't seen (or heard) any of the problems you are mentioning.
Jason, is it happening at the same point of the movie, or does it seem to be random?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Had mine since August and have had no problems whatsoever (other than having not enough funds to pay it off).

NishanF

Auditioning
My first 3802 would drop audio on dolby digital DVDs and output a high pitch screech for a few seconds. Interestingly it never happened on DTS dvds. I replaced the unit and all is well. I assume it was a bad decoder chip.

John-J

Auditioning
Had my 3802 for about 5 weeks. Used it heavily for music and theater for the first month to decide whether I wanted to go to the 4802 and have not experienced this problem. I'm with Mark, if it happens at the same spot on the same cd it sure seems like it is the CD not the 3802.

Luis M

Second Unit
I had the same problem when I had the Denon 3300 but everything went back to normal when I got a new dvd player. Just because the problem shows on certain discs, It does not mean that the disc is bad. If you have another dvd player pluge it and try it, when I did it, those dvds that always skiped at the same spot played flawlessly.

jason celaya

Stunt Coordinator
Update: I took exchanged the DVD in question (PVD-The Gift)and it played flawlessly except one drop out in the same spot as the other during the studio intro in the beginning. What had happened is i took off the disc shield (blockbuster security) of the PVD and it ruin this disc somehow...word to the wise ...if you buy a PVD from there, leave there stupid sticker on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks