Anyone Have A Broken Pronto Lying Around? I Need A Few Misc Parts.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChristopherC, Mar 19, 2002.

1. ChristopherC

ChristopherC Agent

I have a feeling I'm reaching here, but thought I would give it a shot.

Basically, the buttons on the right side of my Pronto came apart (the clear plastic volume, channel, and mute buttons). It's a simple little plastic piece.

I also need, of less importance, the dark plastic light sensor in the upper right hand corner.

If anyone has a broken Pronto that they no longer use, and wouldn't mind doing someone a favor (and picking up a few bucks), I would really appreciate it.

-Chris

2. Jeffrey S

Jeffrey S Stunt Coordinator

Hi Chris. I have a pronto that beeps, but the screen does not power up. Now that I think of it, perhaps the screen does light up, but does not function. Oh well, either way the thing is broken. It is in good shape cosmetically. I would like to keep the serial cable to use with my other pronto, since I hate trying to get to the back of the computer to hook it up. I have many computers, but only one cable. I don't know why they dont use the usb port.
    If you want to Paypal me $20, I'll send it to you. Let me know. Here is my paypal account name:
    [email protected]

3. ChristopherC

ChristopherC Agent

Hi Jeffrey. I just sent you the money via Paypal, so you may want to check your account for the $20. Thanks for helping out on this one Jeffrey, I really appreciate it. [​IMG]
    Another reason to love this great site...
    -Chris

4. Jeffrey S

Jeffrey S Stunt Coordinator

It will be in the mail to you tomorrow. I'm glad you could use it. I considered having it repaired, but I am in the process of setting up a 15" touchscreen to act as the "super remote" for my system. Good luck.