What's new

Anyone has Movie Posters in their living rooms? (1 Viewer)

Travis D

Second Unit
I have yet to start the collection of posters because of price but those Suncoast prices are to low to ignore.

PS - Anyone know where I can snag a Donnie Darko poster by chance? Can't find a damn thing.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
For those interested S&P Parkers Movie Market in California, and Movie Star News in NYC have huge selections of movie posters and stills.

Danny Arvesen

Auditioning
I have a poster of The World Is Not Enough framed in my bedroom. I also have a Goldfinger poster and a Bond checklist poster that I haven't hung yet.

DA

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Gladiator
Scarface (I'm not a rapper, but hey, it's still cool :laugh: )
OT Star Wars
Josie Maran.....oops, shouldn't have said that :)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
PS - Anyone know where I can snag a Donnie Darko poster by chance? Can't find a damn thing.
It's become quite scarce. The Nostalgia Factory still has it, but it'll cost you. A lot.
I was lucky enough to snag a single-sided original elsewhere before they became rare. It's currently one of the posters hanging in my study. The other is The Man Who Wasn't There (the black background, not the grey).
M.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I, um, have exactly one framed movie poster hanging in my living room. It's from the "showcase" run of a 1968 Stanley Kubrick film of which I am fond. This poster--not to be confused with the Robert McCall-based original-run poster--is the one with the fetus and the words "The Ultimate Trip." Looks nice.

Travis D

Second Unit
Michael, that isn't even the original poster art for 125 dollars. :eek:
The original doesn't have teeth on it.
BTW - in case you ever feel like getting rid of it, be my guest and send me a note.
IN other news, I just bought the poster for 12 Monkeys and a frame. And it looks VERY nice on my wall.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The original doesn't have teeth on it.
Never saw that version. The one I have is the same image as Nostalgia Factory's. NF was one of the few dealers to get double-sided posters, and they make a habit of jacking up prices when they think they've got something rare.

I shouldn't complain, though. It was the only place where I could find an original Royal Tenenbaums poster, and that one was pretty reasonable.

M.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I just hung my Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones poster up last night! It looks great and I'm seriously considering starting a new hobby! :) They can really add to any environment.
Dan Hine

Wade K

Second Unit
I have, what I believe is a one-sheet poster (Kusturica's Underground ) that I'd like to frame. Problem is I measured it, and it's precisely 27.5" x 39.5", while a true one-sheet is 27x40. Is there a large occurrance of variances from the 'correct' dimensions, and do frames from places like Showoffdisplays.com make allowances for that?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Well, I do have the poster from King Kong in my entertainment room.

I plan on getting a few more such as North By Northwest, Vertigo, The Invisible Man, 8 1/2, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, O Brother Where Art Thou, and Moulin Rouge.

I had a really neat Jurassic Park poster, but it's in shreds right now.

BTW, that MST3K: The Movie poster is AWESOME!!!

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I assume you mean of a poster here? If so you will need to have your own webspace where you host it.

Then click the IMG button that you should find above the 'reply' box and enter its location on your homespace.

If it is a personal photo of you for your records then Parker can place it on the server.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
My tribute to Jim Cameron
4posters.jpg

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I will also admit to this.....and I even have some album covers that are framed, but they are in the hallway.
I'd rather have movie posters up than those Magic Eye things or those pictures of the kids with the big eyes and no mouths......now, dogs playing poker, that's another story.:D

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
When I started this thread, I was eyeing an LA confidential poster, same as the DVD cover. Someone even has it in this thread.
It was $20 or so then, and now I can't find it for less than $75 (if at all) :angry:.
--
H

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Nothing like bringing back an old thread!
Hey at least you used the search button:D
Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks