1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone has banana plugs from ebay?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jason_Chen_LA, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Jason_Chen_LA

Hello,

I found these banana plugs on ebay for about $2/pair (4 single plugs):

item # 3080028495
    item # 3080098139

anyone has them? how is the quality?

the first one advertise them as "24k gold" - makes me wondering, which part of the plug is gold? 24K is pure gold!

thanks,

Jason

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

24k gold is pure gold. I've never seen these plugs but they look ok. If you're uneasy about them, I suggest a trek to your local Radio Shack where you will find excellent gold plated banana plugs for sale. I recommend the double, 3/4" on center plugs (paid $5.99/each a few years ago - might be a bit higher now), unless you need some other spacing. Shipping is awful high on these auctions.

3. Mike_J_Potter

Mike_J_Potter Second Unit

I ordered some gold banana plugs from ebay for under 2 bucks each and they are pretty good quality. I just installed them tonight and they feel pretty soild not cheap and connect nice and tight with my receiver and speakers. The seller was accessoryking-com and only charged 4 bucks to ship them and will discount multiple orders (1.00 each additional) Worth checking out.

4. ChrisMcK

ChrisMcK Stunt Coordinator

Hey Mike J
    I just received mine from accessory king yesterday as well, haven't hooked them up yet but they look solid. My only bee, and not a big one, is that shipping is 4 bucks but it nly cost them $1.85 in postage
    I'm thinking of going back and ordering more - I orginally ordered them for my receiver but now i'll probably use them for my speakers as well
    May try some analog interconnects from them as well for my dvd-a and sacd player

5. Cornelius

Cornelius Stunt Coordinator

If anyone is interested, I have a bunch of Niles Audio and Phoenix Gold banana plugs left over from my installation. Give me a PM if you are.

CJ