What's new

Anyone had the X-box clock reset itself? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys,
Quick question. I hadn't played my X-box in a good 2 weeks (Metal Gear 2 and Baldurs Gate:)). I finally sat down about 3 days ago to play Halo and I turned the X-box on. Well what do you know....The time setup screen popped up and I had to reset the clock. All my saved games were there. All the settings I had set were still there but it just had me reset the clock.
Now as a Dreamcast owner I am used to at times not playing my Dreamcast for a good while and having to reset the internal clock after a long dormancy period. I'm curious if the X-box is the same way?
Let me just say also that I have not had a single issue in a game yet. I have been playing Halo for 3 days on and off and I have not had any kind of sound (5.1) or payability issues. Same goes for Oddworld. So is this normal like the Dreamcast?? Should I be worried??

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Romier,

I guess I didn't think much about it when I turned on my XBox at home after bringing it back from school. Whenever I plugged it in in my classroom, I had to reset the time/date settings.

A few hours later (maybe four or five hours), I would hook it up at home and have to redo those same settings.

I guess it is set up so that the BIOS chip battery does not die out quickly.

Just a guess on my part.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Apparently Bill the X-box's internal battery can only hold a charge for set amount of time. If you unplug the X-box and leave it like so for an extended amount of time the clock will reset. I read this over at the X-box forums

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks