Anyone gonna buy 7th Heaven on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Rodrick, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

after such a long time its finally gonna come out. It sounds really great, everything but the price is what is getting people annoyed so far.

2. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

Its funny this show was never even in any subject. Is anyone even interested in this show. Couldn't find a post of this anywhere on here.

3. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    I don't think I'll get this. The show has lost all credibility with me. I tried watching it on Monday night, and the cast is totally different! Now, Everwood or Summerland would be a different story.

Andy

4. ChrisRose

ChrisRose Stunt Coordinator

I've caught reruns of season 1 on TV and it's good clean corny fun. [​IMG] So yeah, I'll buy it on DVD, especially since Keri Russell (Felicity) had a guest appearance!

I've also caught a bit of the newest season while channel surfing... *shudder*... after seeing what the show was like in the first season, it was very jarring to see everyone older, and what's up with all those new cast members? Did they really need *more* characters? It looks like the show is cheesy-bad-unwatchable now... I know I won't be collecting the whole series on DVD.

5. Mark_Johnson

Mark_Johnson Stunt Coordinator

This show is absolutely terrible. Definately one of the worst on TV.

Poorly acted and POORLY WRITTEN, this drama claims to tackle "real life issues" but instead presents situations that are contrived and just plain ludicrous. This is a less realistic look at teen life than Boston Public (a difficult feat to accomplish).

During each "very special episode", it is funny to see how the family reacts to the week's big issue. Will it be teen pregnancy? underage drinking? or god forbid....sex before marriage? We watch and hope that the Camden family can help these poor lost souls to turn their lives around and find God.

The show incorporates "good Christian values" but in reality, it's characters consist of ignorant and judgemental religious fanatics who believe they are morally superior to everyone else.

None of the characters are likeable and come off as self-righteous morons. The acting is laughably bad and the writers should be ashamed of themselves. Trash TV is Trash TV regardless of how "wholesome" it is for family viewing.

How this show is still on the air boggles the mind.

6. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

I love to hate this show. I watch it all the time. All the new character additions in the past 2 years is hilarious, it's hardly about the family anymore(though I read they're getting rid of all the added on characters in the upcoming season and bringing back Matt and Simon). I won't be buying any of the DVDs, but I still love watching this show and all the crazy hyjinks they all get themselves into.

7. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

Yes, I understand, after season 6 it should have ended while it was ahead, and one of the most popular shows on its network. 7th Heaven should've ended in season 7.

8. Steve Meil

Steve Meil Stunt Coordinator

Steve
  9. Daniel`D

Daniel`D Stunt Coordinator

I used to watch it, the reason for the added cast members is because of most of the kids leaving the show. (The middle girl, youngest girl, and the two babies are the only ones left that are really their kids.)

As far as buying it, I don't know, I might but with all the other shows coming out I highly doubt it.