Anyone gone from separates to a Pioneer 49/59TXi or equivalent Flagship....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Eric A, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

and been ultimately satisfied? I am currently doing this and I know I will be very happy for HT performance but I just wonder where I will be on 2-channel and hi rez format listening. I will still be using my separate amps for the front soundstage and the Elite for the rears. I could save a good deal of money by purchasing the Sherwood prepro but I wonder where this would really fall in the pecking order compared to these flagships. I know I am opening up a pandora's box here but try to act civilized and give honest opinions. Thanks.

2. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

I have the 49txi connected to the parasound halo A52 and A23. but better sounding than the 49txi alone.

the 49txi and 59txi are great iMO and make for a very good controller.

3. Bernie_A

Bernie_A Stunt Coordinator

This may not be exactly the response you were looking for but, I have been soooo tempted to get a multi-channel amp to experiment with my HK AVR-7200. I am sure I will do it eventually but I am so darn happy with how everything sounds now and everytime I do bring it up, someone here says unless I am going to go with a fairly expensive 150-200wpc amp, there really isn't a need with the HK. It has plenty of power for my room size but the curiousity is there for sure. I am sure that one day I will lose my mind and sping for seperate pre/pro and amps. I have always wanted it so I'm sure it will happen. It's kind-a-like chasing up that slippery slope isn't it.

4. AllenP

AllenP Auditioning

HI Eric I hope the 7.1 is working out for you. After getting the 2 2200 from rick I don't have room for another amp in my rack. So I to am looking at the 59txi and the Z-9 yamaha to replace my Denon 5700 that I use as a pre/pro and to power the surronds. I need the 3 rear channels to drive my L/C/R surrounds. As far as the Hi-rez format goes gordon on AVS has a web site as does a mod for the pioneers. Suppose to be good and gives you the same dac and opamps as the #40 ML. I can't say but I know a few people have had it done. I am more HT and I feel it would be a toss up for me (59 or Z9) but I am leaning a little more towards the z9. I plan on waiting a few months first so I have time to keep reading.
    Allen

5. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

Allen,
    The 7.1 is awesome and I have been looking for one for a while. I have 5.1s now but I believe I have them sold. I also looked at the Yamaha Z9 and like many of its features but I could not get past the i-link on the 59TXi. I also got a great deal. I have a few contacts for the Yamaha but could not get close on the price to the 59TXi. When you get ready, email me and I will let you know what I can do for you.

6. kevin tate

kevin tate Stunt Coordinator

I connected an Audiosource Amp3 @ 150w RMS x 2 to my newly purchased H/K 7200. The mid/vocal is clearer and more lively with the Amp3 driving the front tower speakers.