What's new

Anyone going to the Toronto International Film Festival (1 Viewer)

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Hello,

The topic really says it all. Anyone going to the Toronto International Film Festival. I'll likely be there from the 7th through the 12th.

Anyone local going or anyone else from out of town?

Mark

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Mark,Please let us know what you see.

Im mostly interested in History Of Violence, Manderlay,Lie With Me,Beowulf & Grendel and Corpse Bride.

Im sure theres plenty of other stuff worth seeing, but these are the only films I have any info on at this time and am looking foward to seeing myself.

norman j

Agent
I'm going. Got a Day Pass like I did last year. 25 Movies in one week. Tomorrow The program book becomes available and it will be time to pick which to see. So hard as there over 300 to choose from.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Anyone planning to see The Myth? I'd be interested in a spoiler-free review.

norman j

Agent
I'm seeing the Myth later in the week. Jackie Chan playing two roles should be interesting.
Here is a list of the other movies I'm seeing this week:
Mrs Henderson Presents
L'Enfer
Capote
History of Violence
Elizabethtown
Little Fish
The Quiet
Sorry, Haters
Corpse Bride
North Country
Shooting Dogs
Stoned
Wah Wah
Tideland
You Bet Your Life
Thumbsucker
Romance & Cigarettes
a/k/a Tommy Chong
Beowulf & Grendel
The Matador
Wallace & Gromit
Mrs Harris
The Cabin Movie
The Willow Tree

Should be a great week!:)

Dave.S

Auditioning
I went to my first film ever of the Toronto Film Festival. After having lived here for 2 years I finally went to a film yesterday. I went to see the world premier of Oliver Twist. There were a couple of exec producers there, but none of the cast or director.

The film was solid and is worth seeing, but I think it will be the last mainstream film I'll see there. I enjoyed the film, but I'm not bothered about seeing them first so paying $23 for a film I can see in a month of so for $10 without any of the queuing on a bigger screen then I'll do that.

I will be looking down the schedule and I'll try and get out and see some of the films that are unlikely/will not get a general release here.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I decided to make the trip to Toronto this past weekend, and it was definitely worth it. It was my first time attending the festival, and I tried to make the most of it while I was there... I saw 6 films, though I really wish I'd stayed longer.

- Shanghai Dreams
- L'Enfer (Hell)
- Capote
- Brokeback Mountain
- Breakfast on Pluto
- The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

I also took a few photos:
Link to photos

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks