What's new

Anyone going to the Home Entertainment Show in NYC this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Bunch of us from HTF got together a few years ago and boy was that one disappointing, it was mostly audiophile dinosaurs still trying to convince rich people to spend a bajillion dollars on dubious designs and very little actual home theater stuff.

Still trying to decide if I will go, but the prospect of a HTF meet up and possibly a dinner at Virgils (http://www.virgilsbbq.com) would push me over into the 'yes' column...

Sam

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking about going but I haven't made up my mind yet. H and I were suppose to touch base about it and now it looks like we're going after all.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
What do you mean? It's true that majority of setups were 2Ch, but I got a kick out of auditioning all those "pretigious" brands (everything was 2K/pair and up, and powered by tubes).

--
H

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'd pay a dollar to see that!

Whats the current status of Chez Scoot? ANY chance for a scootapalooza anywhere in the us this summer?

Sam

Jim Whalen

Grip
Hey Sam,

Long time no talk to.

I was there yesterday. Last minute decision on my part to go however. Should have skipped it. I had way too much to do in the city and I would have been better off if I had missed it.

Way too much dinaro for my taste.

Your right a LOT of audio wonks with a fairly small representation of the HT market.

Although the Silicon Optics did wow me! And the Kalidescape with Runco room was very impressive. I met the guy from Universal that was one of our hosts @ HTF2004 Meet last Sept. (Sorry I don't remember his name.)

No other friendly faces in the crowd.

Cheers,

Jim Whalen

PS The end of the day was capped of with a reading by the cast of Family Guy at FAMILY GUY LIVE! at the Town Hall Theater. What a hoot!!! jw

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hey Jim, how did your custom build come out? Glad I skipped the show tho the family guy reading sounds great, but I probably wouldnt have stayed late enough for that had I gone.

Scooter: Set a date and I will bring sabretts AND Milwaukees Best! =)

Sam

Jim Whalen

Grip
Well Sam,

I'm still looking at the same four walls :frowning: I have'nt started yet.

Still doing "research"!

Will start posting when nearer to actual build. Probably near the end of the 3rd quarter '05.

Thanks for aaking,

Jim:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks